Tuesday, June 23, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 69 - "Fighting For Me"


This morning the Lord woke me up to the song Fighting For Me along with the direction to read Psalm 69. The song goes...

When the going gets tough
And my strengths not enough
I see You showing up like never before
This battle for my heart
You took on from the start
You are the peace when my mind's at war
And oh...

You will never stop fighting for me
When I can't fight for myself
Every word is a promise You keep
Cause You love me like nobody else
You stand up for me in the darkest night
When my faith is weak You're still by my side
You will never stop fighting for me
You will never stop fighting for me

Yes! The knowledge that He fights for us is comforting. There are times when we can become overwhelmed by the things that happen to us. We can feel like we our losing the fight to stay alive yet we never will because He is always fighting for us. In Psalm 69 David described different ways he felt like he was losing at life. He cried out to God to help him in the first twelve verses. We must remember to do the same. We must remember God is always there for us and ready to help us. He is always ready to empower us through the Holy Spirit just as II Timothy 1:7 tells us. He is always ready to wrap His arms around us and give us His strength to get us through no matter what is happening. This Psalm parallels what Jesus went through while on this earth. We need to remember we can't go through anything that surprises Him. He has already gone through everything Himself. He wants to rescue us from what we are going through but for that to happen we must get to the end of ourselves and allow Him to work in and through us. In The Passion Translation verse twenty-nine is key.

I am burdened and broken by this pain.
When your miracle rescue comes to me,
it will lift me to the highest place.

We must become broken in our spirit so God can empower us through the Holy Spirit. Then, and only then, can He shine brightly through us. Matthew Henry wrote of the last few verses of this Psalm:

The humble shall look to him, and be glad; those that seek him through Christ shall live and be comforted. God will do great things for the gospel church, in which let all who wish well to it rejoice. A seed shall serve him on earth, and his servants shall inherit his heavenly kingdom. Those that love his name shall dwell before him for ever. He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Arise, thou great Restorer of the ancient places to dwell in, and turn away ungodliness from thy people.

Yes! Godliness in us is the answer to pleasing Him. As we live in His example, we bless Him. As we strive to live a life of holiness, we bless Him. As we walk in obedience to His will, we bless Him. Plain and simple. I desire to bless Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for our time with Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya! Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday! Thank You for Mishka (Sandy and Will) no longer needing surgery! Thank You for Doc being able to eat dinner last night without pain! May he have a 'good' day today as he prepares mentally and emotionally for chemo tomorrow. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. May people see/hear You instead of me. Thank You for being My Restorer! Amen.

No comments: