Friday, June 26, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 43 - "Amen"


Wow! God is so amazing! Eleven hours of sleep without Mordecei getting me up is wonderful! If my Daddy were still with us, he would say I was going to get bed sores...lol. I love the way my Heavenly Daddy blesses me! This morning He has the song Amen going through my mind and told me to read Psalm 43. I asked Him why He usually has me read from the book of Psalm and He replied, "There is great richness about being in true relationship with me. I desire you to go deeper in our relationship." Alrighty then. I love to do as He desires. I also love the way He gives me Scripture and a song that go hand-in-hand! This Psalm reads in The Passion Translation:

For the Pure and Shining One, by the prophetic singers of Korah’s clan
A contemplative poem for instruction
God, clear my name.
Plead my case against the unjust charges
of these ungodly workers of wickedness.
Deliver me from these lying degenerates.
For you are where my strength comes from and my protector,
so why would you leave me now?
Must I be covered with gloom
while the enemy comes after me, gloating with glee?
Pour into me the brightness of your daybreak!
Pour into me your rays of revelation-truth!
Let them comfort and gently lead me onto the shining path,
showing the way into your burning presence,
into your many sanctuaries of holiness.
Then I will come closer to your very altar
until I come before you, the God of my ecstatic joy!
I will praise you with the harp that plays in my heart,
to you, my God, my magnificent God!
Then I will say to my soul,
“Don’t be discouraged; don’t be disturbed,
for I fully expect my Savior-God to break through for me.
Then I’ll have plenty of reasons to praise him all over again.”
Yes, living before his face is my saving grace!


David wrote this Psalm to show how he desired to be still before the Lord. He shows the hope and confidence he had in God. In the beginning of the Psalm, David prays for God to deliver him so he is not like his enemies. He knows God is there for him no matter what. Matthew Henry writes of this Psalm:

Let us pray earnestly, that the Lord would send forth the truth of his word, and the light of his Spirit, to guide us into the way of holiness, peace, and salvation. The desire of the Christian, like that of the prophet in distress, is to be saved from sin as well as sorrow; to be taught in the way of righteousness by the light of heavenly wisdom, shining in Jesus Christ, and to be led by this light and truth to the New Jerusalem.

Amen! This is the prayer on my heart. I desire God to lead me in a life of obedience to His will. I love how this song goes...

What You did
Has given me a hope forever
What You do
Has shown me you will never leave

Even if I tried I couldn't count the ways
Not enough words for me to ever say
Just how good, how good You are to me

How could I hide this joy inside of me
Amazing grace, oh Lord, how can it be
Every day of my life I want the world to see
I can't get over what You've done for me
You got me singing like
Amen
Amen
Amen
Oh Amen

Woo hoo! Amen! He is my Hope! He will never leave me! Just as the last part of Psalm 150 reads, Yes, living before his face is my saving grace! Woo hoo! His amazing grace gives me such joy! His presence in my life gives me such peace! His love gives me such contentment! The empowerment of the Holy Spirit I receive from Him is what allows me to have His joy throughout 'tough' days. II Timothy 1:7 is one I hold close to my heart as I live out His love in a life of obedience to His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning that encourages me to continue pursuing a life of obedience to Your will! Thank You for the blessing of eleven hours of sleep! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Doc getting the pump off later today! Oh how I pray the side effects will stay minimal. I pray against the side effects of the shot he will receive today and the patch he will wear for twenty-four hours. Lord, continue to encourage him and speak clearly to what You will is in his life. Thank You for the way You gave me a sermon to present! Thank You for being with so many people who are going through 'tough' days! The Caskey Family; Elaine and her family with David's accident; my sister Linda; Billie as she recuperates from yesterday's surgery; Robert DeYoung with his wife Naomi; and so many others. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for Shari's tests coming back with NO cancer! Woo hoo! You are so good! Lord, cleanse me so You can use me as Your willing servant. May You be my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude today in a more intentional way than ever before. Lord, I pray for our president, state officials, local officials, and all those in authority as they deal with making decisions with the COVID-19. I pray protection over people not only in a physical sense but in a spiritual sense. There are so many people who are falling into the traps of the devil and not showing Your love to others. My heart breaks. Open up eyes and hearts to what You desire instead of people's selfish desires. Oh Father, help us. Protect us. Be greater than the 'junk' of this world. Thank You for being My Shining Path! Amen.



No comments: