Monday, June 22, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; II Chronicles 20:15; Joshua 1:9 - "See A Victory"


In our sermon yesterday we had a couple Scriptures that God brought back to my mind this morning as soon as I woke up. He also brought to my mind the words to Elevation's song See A Victory.

I'm gonna see a victory
I'm gonna see a victory
For the battle belongs to you Lord

Nothing we do on this earth has to be done on our own. We do not have to accomplish anything on our own strength but rather need to lean into His. The Lord told King Jehoshaphat in II Chronicles 20:15:

He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.'"

We do not have to worry about anything we go through. He is in control when we allow Him to work in and through us. As we give our battles to God, we will be reassured of Him just as  Joshua 1:9 tells us.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” 

Illness in ourselves and/or family members; coronavirus; riots/looting/marches; financial issues; etc. None of these things are too big for God. He knows the ending to everything we go through. As we pray, His answer may not be what we desire but His answer is what is best for us. As we live out II Timothy 1:7, He will empower us to live out victories in life. Woo hoo! I love the way He blesses me as I walk in obedience to His will. This last week with family visiting has been such a blessing. I'm so grateful for every moment God gives us to make memories. He loves us so much!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with preaching together and our time with Adam, Rachel, and Miss Aiya! Thank You for the eleven hours of sleep last night! Thank You for Doc being able to drive the last couple of days! Father, I pray today is a better day for him as far as eating goes. I pray You will strengthen him as he prepares mentally for another new chemo on Wednesday. Once again, I pray against the nasty side effects that can happen. May You protect him from them. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout today. Thank You Jesus for the video of Craig having victory in his rehab! May You continue to be his strength! I pray for so many who need to lean on You through the days they are experiencing. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: