Tuesday, June 9, 2020

II Timothy 1:7, 3:1-5; Psalm 12; Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13 - "Good, Good Father"


The Lord took me to Psalm 12 this morning. This Psalm was written about ‘tough days’ that will happen in the world. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm: 

Ask the children of this world, What makes times bad? They will tell you, Scarcity of money, decay of trade, and the desolations of war, make the times bad: but the Scripture lays the badness of the times on causes of another nature, 2Ti 3:1, c.: perilous times shall come, for sin shall abound; and of this David complains.

II Timothy 3:1 reads in the New Living Testament: You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times. It continues in verses 2-5:

For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing God, disobedient to their parents and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!

This is a lot of what we are seeing today. I am thankful I have God to go to all the time but especially in days like we are living in. He is also with me and I am grateful for this knowledge. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I do not know how people get through life without God. I can’t imagine getting through days of my husband having stage four cancer in his pancreas, quarantine from the coronavirus without His peace, the news of riots happening all over the nation, etc. without God. I stand upon II Timothy 1:7 every day in His love and empowerment. I trust Him and seek His wisdom as Proverbs 3:5-6 tells me to do. I stand in His strength as Philippians 4:13 directs me. His Word is my Guidebook. His Voice is my Direction. His Love is my Life. He is the One I trust. Men can fail me but He cannot. I am so grateful for the way He loves me, especially during ‘tough’ days like we are seeing. I also am grateful for the way He uses me to be a beacon of light in this dark world. I was thinking about how many people I know talk about the ‘junk’ that is happening in this world yet believe it will all just go away so they can continue living their ‘happy’ lives. When Christ returns, their ‘happy’ lives will be no longer. All the wealth of this world will be no longer. All the ‘toys’ they have bought will be gone. They will have nothing. Praise His Holy Name I will have more riches than ever when I leave this earth and walk in Paradise with Him. My days are numbered on this earth and to that I say ‘woo hoo!’ I am so ready for the Lord’s return but I must wait for His timing. As I wait, I must get better at sharing Him with others. I desire for more people to walk in Paradise with Him. I desire for more people to realize the things of this earth do not matter. Oh how I pray He uses me to make a difference in people’s lives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this Scripture this morning that reminds me I’m just passing through on this earth! Thank You for the promise of eternal life with You! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You use me to be a beacon of light for You! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with Your love. May Your words, actions, attitude, and thoughts flow from me today. May You be greater than anything that comes my way. Lord, I pray the same for Doc and others who are dealing with physical issues. I pray against pain in: Amanda; Linda; Mike; Donna’s husband; and many others. I pray comfort over: Tammy and her family; Tina and her family; and Jennifer’s coworker’s family with the loss of loved ones. I pray healing over Bob Nussbaum and for safe travels for Nancy’s family this week. Lord, You are greater than anything that comes our way. I praise You for that knowledge. I pray for peace over our country. I get so tired of hearing and reading things people say/write that hurt others. I pray for people to stop and think before they voice ‘their’ opinions and pray for You to flow from them instead. I pray for more believers to get to the end of themselves so You are what people see/hear. Oh Lord, I am so ready for Your return but I know the times is not yet. Strengthen me through these tough days so people will see/hear You through me. Thank You for being My Good, Good Father! Amen.

No comments: