Saturday, June 13, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Numbers 6:24-26; II Thess 3:3; Micah 7:18; Phil 4:7 - "The Blessing"



Yesterday was a day of rejoicing from start to finish! 
  • Doc's pump was ready to be removed sooner than we thought so we didn't have to rush to leave for my interview. 
  • God gave us safe travels for the many miles we were on the road. 
  • I received His peace before and during my interview for ordination. 
  • I was affirmed by our District and will be ordained later this summer. 
  • We made it back home safely after the end of a long day. 
Woo hoo! God is so good! I was reminded of the song The Blessing throughout the day yesterday and again this morning....

The Lord bless you
And keep you
Make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His
Face toward you
And give you peace


He gives us peace in such a mighty way when we allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us. His peace is the best! I think of the saying I shared in one of my sermons...

No God = No Peace
Knows God = Know Peace

Yes! When we are in relationship with Him, we can experience His peace to its fullest. Unless God gives us a miracle Doc will leave us sooner than later. As I shared last night, we are making the best of every day God grants to us. The coronavirus has been a blessing to us in many ways. Having extra time together, blessing us financially with the stimulus check so we could pay off the truck, etc. It has made life different in many ways but God is still in control. I've looked forward to the day when Doc would walk me down the aisle for ordination and I continue to pray for that dream to become a reality. But most of all I pray for God's will to be my reality. This song and Scripture encourage me greatly that He is and will always be with us. According to Matthew Henry, this blessing communicates the heart of God in its promise to protect His people from evil (2 Thessalonians 3:3), pardon them from their sin (Micah 7:18), and provide peace in the midst of chaos (Philippians 4:7). Peace in the midst of chaos soothes my soul. I am experiencing His peace in a mighty way these days. Today my physical body does not want to go. It is tired from yesterday. It would rather just go back to bed and that may happen at some point in time today and that will be ok. God directs my steps. He gave me insight earlier in the week to say I couldn't be at the church building today. Praise His Holy Name! He gives me strength mentally, emotionally, physically, financially, but most of all spiritually as I have given Him free reign in every aspect of my life. Woo hoo! I am one blessed lady! Every day I have to spend with my honey is a blessing! I am so grateful for the life we have and continue to pray for it to be continued. I know as I live a life of obedience to Him I am living as He desires. What a blessing to live a life of holiness that pleases my Heavenly Father! I'm so grateful for II Timothy 1:7 that empowers me to live this life. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the privilege to share my story with the district board last night! I pray blessings over each of them as they continue to do interviews today. I also pray Your peace over the candidates as they are interviewed. Thank You for the safe travels over so many miles yesterday! Thank You for Doc being able to drive home! Thank You for being with him as he continues to have aches and pain from the chemo! I pray today will be a better day for him. I pray for travel mercies for Tim and Amy as they come down. I pray for strength today to do exactly what You desire of me. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be seen/heard in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day in a new, different way. I pray for Amanda and Deanna as they recuperate from surgeries; continued prayers for Nikki with her ongoing health issues; deep breathing for my Momma; Doug Piatt and his family for comfort; for everyone who needs to be in relationship with you to have someone share You with them; and for all believers to draw deeper in relationship with You. I pray for Your insight as I fine-tune what You have given me to share tomorrow. Thank You so much for being the One To Bless Me In Abundance! Amen.

No comments: