Friday, June 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 46 - "Hold Me Jesus"


I woke up with the song Hold Me Jesus going through my mind. This song is about how life can be overwhelming especially when we do not walk in His presence. It was written from the perspective of someone who is seeking God's peace. I live a life trusting Him with every moment of every day. I seek His peace at all time. 

Well sometimes my life just don't make sense at all 
When the mountains look so big 
And my faith just seems so small 

So hold me Jesus 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf 
You have been King of my glory 
Won't You be my Prince of Peace 

The day ahead is one I have waited and worked toward for a long time. I completed the coursework at Nazarene Bible College, have my years of experience in as a pastor, and continue to live in God's will. Even though today is finally here it sure isn't the way I expected it to be. I would have never thought we would be facing having a chemo pump removed from Doc this morning before traveling over for my ordination interview. But it is no surprise to God. He is holding me close throughout these days. He is empowering me just as II Timothy 1:7 promises. He is giving me peace that does not make sense to the human mind. With what is ahead over the next twelve hours I know He will empower me to speak His words, walk in His strength, and be who He has called me to be. He already knows what is ahead in this day and for that I am thankful. He is holding me safely in His arms. I can feel His arms wrapped around me, protecting me. Woo hoo! I do not have to fear the schedule, the driving, the interview, or anything else that happens in the day ahead. All I have to do is rest in Him. This morning I am reminded of His words, Be still and know that I am God (Psalm 46:10a). David may have written this Psalm at a time of personal difficulty in his life as he wrote of how God is our refuge and strength in the first verse. He may have realized the only way to have victory is through God's strength. The only way to be empowered by Him is to allow Him complete access to every part of our being. As we surrender everything to Him, we receive freedom from worry, fretting, etc. We can bask in His presence knowing He already knows the result of every moment of our life. All we have to do is be still before Him. As we practice this, we will realize His peace to a great degree. As we trust Him, He will remove the fear of our circumstances. He is our Lord. He desires for us to live in relationship with Him. He wants us to trust Him with every aspect of our life. Instead of trying to do things in our own strength He desires us to live through His strength. Instead of trying to figure out how or when to do something He desires us to allow Him to guide our words, actions, thoughts, and attitude. A life living in His presence is a life of peace and love. It is a life where chaos cannot exist in the midst of His peace. Woo hoo! I am so grateful to have the privilege to live in His peace. In my humanness I see a 'tough' day ahead with a busy schedule. I see challenges for my physical body which in turn can create challenges for my mental and emotional bodies. Praise His Holy Name for the knowledge that my spiritual body is fully blessed! I have nothing to fear as I stand in His presence. He will go before me. He will give me His strength and empowerment for what is ahead in this day. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day ahead! Thank You for going before me every step of this day! Thank You for the way You are going to love on me, protect me, strengthen me, and empower me! Thank You the knowledge that You know the outcome of every aspect of the day! Father, I pray things go well for Doc to have the pump removed. Thank You for the minimal side effects he has had with it! Thank You for the physical strength You will give him today as we travel after the pump is removed! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with You! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way than ever before. May Your peace be mine throughout this day. May I bask in Your presence every moment. May I feel Your loving arms wrapped around me throughout this day in a new, different way than ever before. Father, You know the work I have put into walking in Your will for ordination. You know my heart. I pray I can convey that to the board. I pray for Terry and the others on the board as they prepare to do the interviews over the next two days. May You give them Your insight into each one of us candidates. May You put on their heart what You desire for them to say. Thank You once again for this privilege to be Your servant! Father, I pray it is Your will for the ordination service to happen sooner than later. I pray Doc will be able to be with me when that time comes. Thank You Jesus for continuing to be My Strength! Amen.

No comments: