Friday, June 5, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 19 - "Today Is The Day"


I woke up this morning to the words of a song Lincoln Brewster sings called Today Is The Day. It goes like this...

Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow
I'm trusting in what You say
Today is the day

There is so much 'junk' going on in this world that it might be hard to think about rejoicing. But God is our Constant and never changes. He is the One who loves us and desires us to walk in obedience to Him. His love is what He desires us to live out, especially in the times of such evil in our world. He took me to Psalm 19 this morning. I am heart broken over what is happening in our world. I was grieved to receive a prayer request last night from a friend asking for protection. There are rumors of turmoil coming to their area and she asked for prayer. What is happening to our world? What is it coming to? Evil seems to be winning but I know who wins in the end and that is my God. Psalm 19:7-9 encourages me greatly to stay focused on Him.

The law of the Lord is perfect,
    refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
    making wise the simple.
The precepts of the Lord are right,
    giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
    giving light to the eyes.
The fear of the Lord is pure,
    enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
    and all of them are righteous. (TPT)

Yes! As long as I stay focused on His: law, statutes, precepts, commands, decrees, and stay living in the fear of the Lord I will be living as He desires. He is with me 24/7 and always ready to guide my steps. He gives me my thoughts as I allow Him. There was a statement in my Share Jesus Without Fear workbook that speaks volumes to me. When you become obedient, God will provide the power. Yes! It defines success as: ...living the Christian life daily, sharing the gospel, and trusting God for the results. It continues, Success is found in obedience. Yes! I desire to be obedient to God. My heart wants to beat to the same beat as His. Woo hoo! And it will as I live a life focused on what He desires. What I desire will match up with what He desires as I focus on Him. I need to get better at sharing Him with others. I need to be more open to speaking boldly for Him. I also need to make sure I am not only hearing His voice but walking in obedience to It. I am so blessed by Him. He encourages me greatly through His Word, songs, people, etc. He loves me greatly and desires me to walk in His steps. The last couple verses of Psalm 19 are my daily cry...

Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh!
    Keep me from stupid sins,
    from thinking I can take over your work;
Then I can start this day sun-washed,
    scrubbed clean of the grime of sin.
These are the words in my mouth;
    these are what I chew on and pray.
Accept them when I place them
    on the morning altar,
O God, my Altar-Rock,
    God, Priest-of-My-Altar. (MSG)

Yes! I cannot be focused on Him if I am not in right relationship with Him. I cannot do His will if I am not walking in His will. There will be things I will miss if I am not in tune with Him. Oh how I want to be doing what He desires of me 24/7. I want to bless Him in abundance with my words, actions, attitude and thoughts every day. I do not want the distractions of this world to take my focus off of Him. It seems like the evil one is using distractions to pull people away from Him and I do not want that to happen to me. I need to get more intentional in loving with His love. I need to be in His Word more and praying more than I ever have before to make sure the enemy has no entry into my life. I need to be more intentional on living out the empowerment of the Holy Spirit as II Timothy 1:7 tells me. Today Is The Day begins with...

I'm casting my cares aside
I'm leaving my past behind
I'm setting my heart and mind on You 
Jesus

I'm reaching my hand to Yours
Believing there's so much more 
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good
Is good

Yes! This is exactly what I need to do. I cannot allow the cancer in Doc's pancreas, the church building rehab, the coronavirus, the riots, etc. to be what has my focus. I must stay focused on Him. As I do, He will guide me to walk where He desires. To say what He wants me to say and to be who He has called me to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You Lord for this song and Scripture that encourage me to stay focused on You! Thank You for my class last night that encouraged me greatly! Thank You for Brother Dan's words of encouragement last night about what we all need! Thank You for loving me so greatly that You continue to pour Yourself into me! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my focus in a more intentional way in the day ahead. Lord, I pray today will be a better day for Doc. I pray against the cancer in his pancreas. I continue to pray for a healing for him while on this earth, sooner than later. Father, may You empower him greatly today and bless him as he goes to the pain doctor. Give him clarity in his thinking. Lord, I also pray for my friend who asked for prayers of protection last night. May You surround her and her family with Your peace. I also pray for peace for my sister Linda with her medical situation. Lord, be greater than her pain. Thank You Jesus for being My Focus! Amen.

No comments: