Tuesday, June 2, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Just Be Held"


At 5:45AM the Lord woke me to pray for Tricia and her family with specifically praying for Austin. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through with Allayna's sudden death. This family has been through so much over the last few years. As I prayed, God had me pray for His 'presence to be known in a great way to all of them.' I don't know how people get through life without His presence. I don't know how people get through days like yesterday that we dealt with. Finding out your oncologist is moving forty minutes away is one thing but then to find out he will no longer be on your insurance is a blow. Changing oncologist at the stage we are in with the cancer in Doc's pancreas doesn't sound like much 'fun' but I'm praying it will be a blessing in disguise to put new eyes on the situation. Continuing to deal with the tire situation has been another 'bump in the road' for me. I continue to lean into the strength God gives me for every opportunity that comes along to stretch my faith. Over the last few days I have heard Just Be Held that Casting Crowns sings. This song touches me from start to finish. 

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
Just be held, just be held

Yes! No one has to do life alone. God is always there to get us through the 'good' days and the 'bad' days. Yesterday when Doc got in the truck after having blood work done I asked him if he wanted the 'bad' news or the 'badder' news. (Yes I know that is not proper English! LOL) That was when I told him about the oncologist situation. I feel like I have to stay strong for him but sometimes I just want to cry such as yesterday. The song continues with exactly how I feel...

Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on

And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go

Yes! I am so blessed that I am in a place in my spiritual life where I surrender everything to Him. Even my tears and frustrations get surrendered to Him. The song continues...

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will

And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands

Yes! I know I must stay focused on Him. That is the only way I can get through these days without allowing the enemy an open door into my life. II Timothy 1:7 tells me I have nothing to fear but instead need to stand in His love and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Woo hoo! That is what keeps me going! That is where I find peace in the midst of the storms of life! Woo hoo! What a blessing it is to live in His presence where He guides, comforts, loves, etc. on me every minute of the day.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for Tricia and her family during the night! I pray You will be so close to them during these days when they need Your comfort so greatly. Lord, I pray for Doc to have a better day with his stomach and lack of energy. I pray You will bless him in abundance with being able to eat some solids without pain. I also pray for the situation with the change of oncologist. I pray the new set of eyes on his situation will give insight into something different. Thank You for his blood work being a bit better yesterday and his A1C being the lowest ever! Cleanse me so You can fill me today so You will be seen in my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day. May You be greater than anything that comes my way today. Thank You for the doors You opened yesterday with our finances! May You continue to give us wisdom. Lord, thank You for the promise of this song that You are painting beauty with the ashes of everything that happens in our life. Thank You for being The One To Hold Me! Amen.

No comments: