Wednesday, June 24, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:13; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Thy Will"


Today is one of those days where I would rather just not get up. I don't want 'to do' today. I have no desire to function. That is bad. Before I climbed out of bed I asked God to give me energy for the day ahead. I prayed for Him to not just get me through the day but to empower me to be who He desires me to be through it. I prayed: Philippians 4:13 for His strength over me; II Timothy 1:7 to not fear the unknown but instead to stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit; and Proverbs 3:5-6 for His wisdom for every decision ahead in this day. I prayed the same over Doc as he goes through another new chemo. This road we are on is so hard but nothing is too hard for God. I pray for Him to be with us in a mighty way throughout the day ahead. I pray we both feel His loving arms wrapped around us and that we feel His strength. I sure hope today is a better day for Doc than yesterday. God brought the words to the song Thy Will that Hilary Scott sings to me this morning...

I know You’re good
But this don’t feel good right now
And I know You think
Of things I could never think about
It’s hard to count it all joy
Distracted by the noise
Just trying to make sense
Of all Your promises
Sometimes I gotta stop
Remember that You’re God
And I am not
So

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will

Yes! His will is what I pray for our life. His will is all we need to live in. His will is perfect and what God desires of us to walk in. Plain and simple. His will is where we need to live. May His will be fulfilled through us today and the days ahead. May He be blessed by the way we live. May we stay focused on Him and not allow 'C' to distract us.

Dear Jesus,
I'm struggling today with functioning. Oh Father, how I need Your presence in a mighty way. May You be greater than the things we have before us. May Doc feel Your empowerment in a great way to not just get through this day but to stay focused on You. Thank You for going before us and opening doors that need opened and closing those that need closed! Thank You for empowering us to stay focused on You! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I need Your supernatural empowerment to function today. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day. May You shine brightly through me even though I am struggling. Father, continue to be with Shari as she awaits test results. Thank You for the report Amanda received yesterday! I pray Your supernatural healing over June. Lord, I pray for safe travels for Adam and Rachel today along with Beth and Bob. Thank You Father for being My Will! Amen.

2 comments:

Grace and Peace to All said...

May the peace of God which passes all understanding keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. May the Lord be with you each day & guide you in everything, amen.

My life has been on illness after another. Some life threatening but in remission. Years of petitioning God but what have I learned from it all? Thy Will be done. Trusting it all to the Lord. I am still here only because it is His Will. I cope only in His strength. Praying for the Lord to hear your prayers. I ask for His healing hand to be upon you & those you are praying for & for God's ultimate good for you all, amen.

God Bless you.

My Strength said...

His will is perfect! Blessings...