Tuesday, June 16, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Romans 12 - "Lifesong"


The Lord took me to Romans 12 today. This is a jam-packed chapter of how we are to live. It blesses me in abundance as I read it. If someone were to make a check-list from it, it would read something like this...
  • Do everything as an offering for God...stay focused on Him...listen to His voice and walk in obedience to Him (vs 1-2).
  • Remember that God gives us grace to live in (vs 3).
  • Use the gifts God gives you they way He desires (vs 4-8).
  • Love with His love...run from evil...put others before yourself (vs 9-10).
  • Stay focused on God...serve with a cheerful heart...when times get tough, draw nearer to Him (vs 11-13).
  • Be a friend to everyone...be a person someone will be blessed by (vs 14-16).
  • Get along with everyone as best you can (vs 17-19).
  • Live in victory as you love on people and stand up against the enemy (vs 20-21).
This chapter is one that lays out how to live a sanctified life. When we hear God and listen to Him, we will walk in obedience and live in His will. That type of life involves living in God's love and grace, using the gifts God gives you, staying focused on Him, and walking in victory. Woo hoo! The best type of life to live! There is such freedom in living in His will. There is victory at all time. There is peace in the midst of the storms of life. The way I accomplish this type of life is by living out II Timothy 1:7. I stand in the knowledge I do not have to fear anything because He knows everything. I stand in His love every day and strive to allow Him to ooze out of me every moment of the day. I stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to allow me to work in His supernatural power. Plain and simple. I stand in Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day yesterday with Tim and Amy! Thank You for the strength You gave Doc to be able to go out! Thank You for taking away his pain/sickness yesterday morning! Father, be with them as they travel home. Bless them with safe travels. I pray for rest for Doc today. Lord, I pray for Your empowerment today in a mighty way. I pray for cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You. May You be greater than anything that happens today. May Your peace be mine in a great way throughout this day. May Your love shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way than ever before. Father, I pray for Shari to feel Your presence in these tough days as she waits for medical tests. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: