Saturday, June 20, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 4, 44; II Chronicles 4:10 - "No Matter What"


Every time I was awake during the night the Lord had these words of No Matter What going through my mind...

There's never been a better time to get honest
There's never been a better time to get clean
So come as you are
Run to the cross and be free
Oh be free

No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what

When I woke up, He told me to read and ponder upon Psalm 4 and Psalm 44. In Psalm 4 the people were distressed by the lack of harvest so they turned to idols. This upset David who stayed focused on God. The people desired more yet David was content with what God provided. Verses six and seven in The Message read:

Why is everyone hungry for more? “More, more,” they say.
“More, more.”
I have God’s more-than-enough,
More joy in one ordinary day

When we choose to live a life of contentment with what God gives us, we will realize His joy in a more meaningful way. As we allow Him to have control of every aspect of our life we will receive His joy. Psalm 4 reminds me of the Prayer of Jabez found in I Chronicles 4:10 where Jabez asked God, Oh that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request. Jabez wanted to be a blessing to God. He wanted his territories to increase in the spiritual realm so he could build God's Kingdom. In Psalm 4, David realized staying focused on God would enable him to live in God's will. This would mean he too would be building God's Kingdom. David experienced More joy in one ordinary day because of the way he lived. The people in Psalm 44 felt like God had left them but He never does. It is us who stray from Him. Just as the song says, No matter what you've done...You can't erase His love... Matthew Henry wrote:

None that belong to Christ shall be cast off, but every one of them shall be saved, and that for ever. The mercy of God, purchased, promised, and constantly flowing forth, and offered to believers, does away every doubt arising from our sins; while we pray in faith, Redeem us for thy mercies' sake.

Psalm 44:4-8 reads in The Message:

You’re my King, O God—
    command victories for Jacob!
With your help we’ll wipe out our enemies,
    in your name we’ll stomp them to dust.
I don’t trust in weapons;
    my sword won’t save me—
But it’s you, you who saved us from the enemy;
    you made those who hate us lose face.
All day we parade God’s praise—
    we thank you by name over and over.

Yes! God is the Only One who can give us victories in the battles of life! He is the Only One who can empower us through tough times! He is the Only One who can enable us to stay focused on Him! Plain and simple. He is the Only One! He gave me II Timothy 1:7 to enable me to stay focused on Him over the last fourteen months. His love and power are mine as I stay focused on Him and allow Him to work in and through me. Woo hoo! Oh how I pray for more people to realize His love in this way.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for this song and Scripture that encourages me greatly to stay focused on You! Thank You for the day ahead! Oh how I pray Doc feels better than yesterday. I pray You will be with him and encourage him. I pray the new medication will help his stomach more so he can function more normally. Father, before falling asleep last night You had me pray for so many people who are going through tough days. You had me pray for many who have experienced loss. This morning to wake and find out Lacrecia lost her daughter broke my heart. There seem to have been so many deaths these last few weeks with people I know. In fact, it seems like this last year has been tough for many families. I continue to pray for the family whose wife/mother is in her last hours. May You be their peace in the midst of this storm they are in. I am so grateful for the ones who knew You and will spend eternity in heaven. Oh Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so people will come into relationship with You through me. May my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts show You today. I pray for more of You and less of me. Lord, continue to bless Little Finn and his family as he prepares to finally go home. May Your hand of protection be upon him in the days ahead just as they have been thus far in his life. I also pray protection over all from the coronavirus but especially those who are at risk such as Shari as she awaits her biopsy. Thank You for being My More-Than-Enough! Amen.

No comments: