Wednesday, June 10, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 67 - "The Way"


These words to The Way speak volumes to me...

Everything that I thought I wanted
I don't always get
But I got Your promise
You give me just what I need
You open my eyes to see that it's the way
The way

It's the way, the way
You're making me more like, making me more like
You each day
I see a little more of Your plan
You never let me go
Even when it hurts, I know
It's the way, the way, the way
You're making me like You

Yes! The desire of my heart is to be Christ-like. I want to not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it. I desire to go wherever He wants me to go and do whatever He wants me to do. I also desire others to live in His presence. It hurts my heart to see people struggle over and over again and not have Jesus in their life. When He is Who you live for, the struggles will still come but you don't have to handle them on your own. His strength is key in getting through the 'tough' days. His empowerment as II Timothy 1:7 speaks of is what gets me through days like today. I don't like the word 'hate' but I will have to say I do hate cancer. I hate seeing my husband going through these 'tough' days. I will not quit praying for a miraculous healing upon his body. As he says, as long as he has breath there is hope. I woke up this morning with an urgency to read Psalm 67. I read it in different translations and settled in The Passion Translation. It reads:

God, keep us near your mercy-fountain and bless us!
And when you look down on us, may your face beam with joy!
Pause in his presence
Send us out all over the world so that everyone everywhere
will discover your ways and know who you are
and see your power to save.
Let all the nations burst forth with praise;
let everyone everywhere love and enjoy you!
Then how glad the nations will be when you are their King.
They will sing, they will shout, for you give true justice to the people.
Yes! You, Lord, are the shepherd of the nations!
Pause in his presence
No wonder the peoples praise you!
Let all the people praise you more!
The harvest of the earth is here!
God, the very God we worship,
keeps us satisfied at his banquet of blessings.
And the blessings keep coming!
Then all the ends of the earth will give him
the honor he deserves and be in awe of him!

Even though it seems like there is little to praise Him for right now, there is always something to praise Him for. I praise Him for this song and Scripture He brought to me this morning! I praise Him for the way He is wrapping His arms around Doc right now while he is having this new treatment! I praise Him for being with him through these next two days as he has the pump on! I praise Him for the appointment with the new oncologist next week! I praise Him for me being allowed to go in to his oncologist appointment this morning! I praise Him for family coming to visit over the next week! I praise Him for giving me His peace! Praising Him takes my focus off of 'junk' and puts it right where it belongs on Him. God knew  what I needed today and He provided!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for this song and Scripture this morning that encourages me greatly! Thank You for keeping me focused on praises! Father, I pray for Doc as he is taking this new treatment to feel Your presence in a mighty way. I pray for no side effects and for him to adjust easily to wearing the pump. Lord, I also continue to pray for Amanda as she continues gaining strength after surgery and for Doug Piatt and his family with the loss of his mother. I also pray for Lee as he undergoes medical tests today; Judy and her friend with health issues; and Alex and his coworkers during these turbulent times. Lord, be greater than the hurts and pains of this world. Thank You Father for being The Way! Amen.

No comments: