Wednesday, April 15, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 99 - "The God Who Stays"


I was awake several times during the night and every time God was telling me to read Psalm 99. In The Passion Translation it reads:

Yahweh is King over all! Everyone trembles in awe before him.
He rules enthroned between the wings of the cherubim.
So let the earth shake and quake in wonder before him!
For Yahweh is great and glorious in the midst of his Zion-people.
He is exalted above all!
Let everyone praise this breathtaking God, for he is holy.
A lover of justice is our mighty King; he is right in all his ways.
He insists on being fair to all,
promoting true justice and righteousness in Jacob.
So everyone, exalt the Lord our God
facedown before his glory-throne, for he is great and holy.
God has his praying priests,
like Moses, Aaron, and Samuel, who all interceded,
asking God for help.
God heard their cries and came to their rescue.
He spoke to them from the pillar of clouds
and they followed his instructions,
doing everything he told them.
God, the great forgiver, answered their prayers.
Yet he would punish them when they went astray.
Keep exalting the Lord our God
facedown before his glory-throne, for he is great and holy!

Those who believe live a different type of life than those who do not. When we allow God to be our King of Kings and Lord of Lords, we have His peace even in the midst of the storms of life. The desire of His heart is for all to love Him. Another desire of His heart is for those who love Him to share His love with others. We just went through Passion Week ending with Resurrection Sunday. This time of year is a highlight in the life of a believer. It reminds us how much God loves us. He sacrificed the life of His Only Son for us. Jesus took all our sins to the cross so we could live. It is so cool that Jesus did not stay in the grave but instead came back to life. Wow! Matthew Henry wrote about the last few verses of this passage:

Our Prophet and High Priest, of infinitely greater dignity than Moses, Aaron, or Samuel, has received and declared to us the will of the Father. Let us not only exalt the Lord with our lips, but give him the throne in our heart; and while we worship him upon his mercy-seat, let us never forget that he is holy.

I desire to live in His will as I strive to walk the road of obedience. I desire to praise Him in the midst of the storms of life. The storm we are in with COVID-19 is one that continues on. There is so much turmoil in this world with people blaming others, deaths, people being quarantined, loss of jobs, etc. But through all of this God is still in control. He will use this tough situation for His glory as believers walk in obedience to His will. People will come into relationship with Him when we are obedient. Believers will go deeper in their faith when they are obedient. Life will never be the same as it was before COVID-19 but that isn't necessarily a 'bad' thing. We all need to glorify God through these days no matter how 'tough' they become. We must realize that believers can have His peace but those who do not live with Him cannot. It is also imperative to remember He is always with us. The song The God Who Stays is on my mind this morning...

You're the God who stays
You're the God who stays
You're the one who runs in my direction
When the whole world walks away
You're the God who stands
With wide open arms
And You tell me nothing I have ever done can separate my heart
From the God who stays

This is what people need to know. He is there for us 24/7 no matter what we've done. He never turns His back on us but instead loves on us. There is no need to fear COVID-19. We need to be smart about our actions during it but we do not have to fear it because God is greater than it. He is greater than the cancer in Doc's pancreas. He is greater than the unknown of when the church building rehab will be complete. Plain and simple. He is greater. We need to remember that no matter what happens in life He is with us. His empowerment is with us when we allow Him to work in and through us. II Timothy 1:7 tells us to not stand in fear but in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. This is where I intend to live. I will be intentional in allowing His strength to be my strength. I will be intentional in making satan leave when he tries to play havoc in my life. I will be intentional in sharing God's love with others. Plain and simple. I will be intentional. The song continues with words that not only I need to remember but I need to proclaim to those who do not walk with the Lord.

My shame can't separate
My guilt can't separate
My past can't separate
I'm Yours forever
My sin can't separate
My scars can't separate
My failures can't separate
I'm Yours forever
No enemy can separate
No power of hell can take away
Your love for me will never change
I'm Yours forever

Yes! Woo hoo! God loves me so much and is always with me. He desires to be that for everyone. It is my responsibility to make sure and take every opportunity He puts before me to share His love. Then lives will be changed. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the message of Psalm 99! Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me that nothing can separate us! Thank You for the love You shower upon me every day! Father, cleanse me so I can be Your willing servant today in a more intentional way. As You do, there will be nothing between us to keep me from knowing Your will. May You be seen/heard through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. May You put me in the path of those who do not know You. Lord, I pray for Doc today as he goes for blood work and possibly has chemo. May You be his strength. I pray against the pain he continues to have. May You be his healer. I pray You will keep me protected as I go for a doctor's appointment today. I also pray for protection over: Ben as he works; Kenneth, Dave, and other military personnel; first responders; and everyone who is out where they may contract COVID-19. Lord, I praise You for Spencer's liver transplant going well yesterday; Simone's temperature dropping; and for giving my friend the opportunity to talk with the young mother who attempted suicide! Father, there are so many people who are hurting and need Your touch. I pray for one who was recently diagnosed with cancer and has made the decision to not have treatment. May You be near her and her family through these days. I also pray for all who lost family members and/or possessions in the tornadoes this past weekend and my friend with liver issues. Lord, be greater than all of these things people are experiencing. Put people before them who will love on them with Your love. Thank You Jesus for being The God Who Stays! Amen.

No comments: