Friday, April 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 48 - "Yes, I Will"


I went to bed last night with the song Yes I Will going through my mind and woke up with an urgency to read Psalm 48. The theme of both is praise. I don't think that is a coincidence but is a 'God thing.' He knows I need to praise Him more to keep the enemy away. He knows these days are hard. He knows I cannot take my focus off of eternity with Him. Plain and simple. He knows. How can one continue to praise Him through the 'junk' of this world? How can one praise in the midst of not only one storm but two storms in life? How is it even possible to praise Him when your heart breaks throughout the day as you watch your husband struggle as he fights to live? The answers to these questions are all the same. One cannot do it in their own strength but instead must live in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Today is a new day. I pray it will be the day where Doc is not in pain. I pray he feels good and can function 'normal.' Whether those prayers are answered in the way I desire or not I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 throughout this day. I will stay focused on God so He can be the One to direct me throughout this day. The ending of Psalm 48 reads:

Pause in his presence
Lord, as we worship you in your temple,
we recall over and over your kindness to us
and your unending love.
10 The fame of your name echoes throughout the entire world,
accompanied with praises.
Your right hand is full of victory.
11 So let the people of Zion rejoice with gladness;
let the daughters of praise leap for joy!
For God will see to it that you are judged fairly.
12–13 Circle Zion; count her towers.
Consider her walls, climb her palaces,
and then go and tell the coming generation
of the care and compassion of our God.
14 Yes, this is our God, our great God forever.
He will lead us onward until the end,
through all time, beyond death,
and into eternity! (TPT)

We, all who are in right relationship with Him, will get through this coronavirus. We may not get through it alive on this earth but we will have victory with Him through death here and life in heaven. We need to praise Him through this virus. We need to praise Him through everything that happens while on this earth. When we do, we will have eternal life praising Him in heaven. There is a direction we are given in verse thirteen. ...go and tell the coming generation of the care and compassion of our God. We may not be able to physically get together but that shouldn't stop us from sharing God's love. We may be going through 'tough' days but that shouldn't stop us from praising God. Matthew Henry writes of these verses:

We have here the improvement which the people of God are to make of his glorious and gracious appearances for them. Let our faith in the word of God be hereby confirmed. Let our hope of the stability of the church be encouraged. Let our minds be filled with good thoughts of God. All the streams of mercy that flow down to us, must be traced to the fountain of His loving-kindness. Let us give to God the glory of the great things he has done for us. Let all the members of the church take comfort from what the Lord does for his church. Let us observe the beauty, strength, and safety of the church. Consider its strength; see it founded on Christ the Rock, fortified by the Divine power, guarded by Him who neither slumbers nor sleeps. See what precious ordinances are its palaces, what precious promises are its bulwarks, that you may be encouraged to join yourselves to it: and tell this to others. This God, who has now done such great things for us, is unchangeable in his love to us, and his care for us. If he is our God, he will lead and keep us even to the last. He will so guide us, as to set us above the reach of death, so that it shall not do us any real hurt. He will lead us to a life in which there shall be no more death.

Woo hoo! God will direct me today. He will give me wisdom as I complete a 'have-to' project. He will give me comfort as I help Doc in whatever way I can to make his day better. He will give me protection from the coronavirus as we are self-quarantined. He will bless me in abundance as I praise His Holy Name through every situation that arises.

Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will
For all my days, oh yes, I will

And I choose to praise
To glorify, to glorify
The Name of all names
That nothing can stand against

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the flower, cake, and card from Ms Carol! Thank You for Doc having a few hours of peace from the pain! Thank You for the completion of one of my 'have-to' projects! Lord, I pray for wisdom as I have another one that must be completed today. May You bless my efforts in abundance. Father, before I do anything I ask that You cleanse me so You can fill me with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I know I cannot do anything today in my own strength but instead am leaning into Yours. I pray Your strength over: a friend whose wife has multiple health issues; a man recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer with lesions in his liver; June; a young father/husband awaiting results from an eye surgery; David as he goes through treatments; those effected by the coronavirus and their families; front-line workers; our President and leaders of our country; our Governor and leaders of our state; a military family in South Korea for protection from the virus all around them; Dave and those on Parris Island; and all believers who share Your love throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise! Amen.

No comments: