Wednesday, April 22, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 16 - "Stand In Your Love"


Yesterday was a 'good' day for Doc so we got out of the house and went for a drive. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining and we could feel the Son shining down on us throughout the day. It was a day with him having little pain until evening then it hit intensely again. It is so hard to watch this disease tear him apart. I could not do life without having God as my strength. I am so thankful for verses like II Timothy 1:7 that remind me to lean into God's love and He will empower me through such times. I am also grateful for such verses that remind I do not have to fear anything. Today is my bi-annual mammogram. As hard as I try to not get anxious, it always hits me. The 'what ifs' start going through my mind. It has been three and a half years since the cancer was found. I am thankful I am to the point where I can go by myself to the appointments since Doc has chemo today. I guess he probably wouldn't be allowed in anyway with the COVID-19 regulations. But I am not really by myself because God is always with me. This morning He took me to Psalm 16. It reads in the New Living Translation:
Keep me safe, O God,
    for I have come to you for refuge.
I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
    Every good thing I have comes from you.”
The godly people in the land
    are my true heroes!
    I take pleasure in them!
Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
    I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood
    or even speak the names of their gods.
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
    You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
    What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord who guides me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
    My body rests in safety.
10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead
    or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
11 You will show me the way of life,
    granting me the joy of your presence
    and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Woo hoo! Yes! I love verse 8! I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. What encouragement this verse gives me as I begin my day knowing I am going for a mammogram! I know as I stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and not allow the enemy an open door into my life with fear God is with me. I also know no matter what the outcome He is with me. He will empower me to stand in His love. This Psalm makes me think of the song Stand In Your Love.

When darkness tries to roll over my bones
When sorrow comes to steal the joy I own
When brokenness and pain is all I know
Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken

My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!

Yes! I do not have to fear but instead just need to stand in the love of Christ. It is there I will be empowered to live out whatever life brings. It is there that I will accomplish verse eleven of Psalm 16. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasure of living with You forever. When I live in obedience to His will on this earth, I will live with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! I must not forget Psalm 16:8 throughout this day. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. I must not forget the importance of standing in the empowerment of Christ and let His love flow in and through me. 
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for such a 'good' day yesterday! Thank You for Doc not having pain for a few hours! Thank You for being with him today as he dreads the chemo treatment! Lord, use it to cleanse his body from the cancer. Use it to heal him. Father, I also pray for Your continued reminder for me that You are with me as I go for my mammogram. Father, whatever the outcome I will praise You. I know You already know the outcome and I also know You will be with me. Cleanse me so You can fill me so I will be empowered to Stand In Your Love. May You continue to be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May Your presence be with me in a mighty way today. May You ...show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasure of living with You forever. I praise You Father for all that You are in my life. I pray for more people to seek Your love and for those who are in love with You to fall deeper in love. I pray for a dear friend who is going through such pain in her physical body. May she seek You more today as she continues to find answers to her issues. I also pray for Tracy and his family and Jeannie and Vance. May You continue to be their strength. Thank You for being My Cup of Blessing! Amen.

No comments: