Sunday, April 19, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Oceans"


Last night was a typical Saturday night with God waking me multiple times to pray for pastors. The COVID-19 has changed the way pastors do ministry. He had me pray for the changes to open up eyes to how 'things' have became distractions in many situations. He said many pastors needed this time to get their focus back on Him and not the church. He said there are some pastors going without pay right now and He hopes they realize He is the Only One who will be able to help them. He also had me pray for pastors who are struggling with technology issues to realize the same. I prayed for pastors spouses and children as life is different for them too. He had me pray for some pastors who would not listen to Him this week about what to preach. He wants them to realize before they present their sermon that He wants something different than they prepared and will give them His words if they will accept them. It is definitely a different time for everyone but since I am experiencing life as a pastor I know the challenges for them. It is hard to not be with your people. I am grateful for technology that keeps us somewhat connected but it's still hard. Phone calls, emails, texts, etc. are nice but just not the same as in person. This time is easier on us with Doc not needing to go out on Sundays for church. It's easier to set-up our living room to record than it is to pull out the sound equipment, bench, etc. from the trailer every Sunday. But easier is not necessarily better. It's also tough to make 'hard' decisions that could ultimately come down to life or death. If a pastor decides to meet and then someone contracts COVID-19 and dies, they would feel responsible. If a pastor decides to not meet and they end of losing their building due to a lack of finances, they would feel responsible. But it all comes back to what I've been saying all along. God is in control. Nothing surprises Him. He knows the outcome of every situation. We should not try to manipulate to make things happen in our time or the way we want them. Instead we need to lean into God. We need to keep our focus on Him and allow Him to work in and through us. He is always with us to love on us and empower us to live out II Timothy 1:7. He desires us to use His wisdom with all decisions made. As we do, He will be glorified through us. This morning there will be some with technical difficulties. He desires them to seek His wisdom. There will be some pastors who will wake up and realize they did not prepare the sermon He desires them to present. He desires them to allow Him to give them His words. There will be some who will wake up not feeling well in their physical body. He desires them to allow Him to strengthen them so they can carry on with their day as planned. All we have to do is stay focused on Him and not allow distractions to hinder our efforts. He is there for us at all time. The desire of His heart is to see those He has called to pastor to be effective in loving others with His love. Oh how I pray I can get better at giving Him the desires of His heart. I pray for more of Him and less of me so He can shine brightly through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so much! Thank You for using me as an intercessor! Thank You for the opportunities You presented to me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for my friend who had the opportunity to pray with a co-worker who needs You in her life! I pray the seeds that are being planted will grow into a beautiful life with You. May You use these tough days in this young mother's life for Your glory. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Continue to use me as Your faithful servant. I pray for all pastors as they go into the 'pulpit' this morning whether that be in a church, a home, in nature, or wherever they are. May they speak words of life that You have given them. May they be obedient in their walk with You. Lord, I pray for my friend who I prayed with yesterday who is hurting so badly in her marriage. May You be her soothing balm today. I pray for all who went through tornadoes and storms last week and now are facing the same type of weather today and tomorrow to feel Your presence. Lord, protect all of us. It seems like living with COVID-19 would be enough to deal with but to lose family members, homes, possessions, etc. is something I cannot even begin to imagine. Lord, use these 'tough' days to open up hearts to You. Father, I pray for my pastor to have Your strength to preach today. I continue to pray for Doc to have healing in his body from the cancer in his pancreas. Lord, take away the pain. Help us to find something he can eat without having such pain afterward. Thank You Father for being Our Pastor! Amen.

No comments: