Monday, April 6, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Luke 12:7 - "King of Glory"


Wow! Sometimes I wonder how I can sleep eleven hours. My 'normal' is nine with sometimes going to ten but goodness eleven! Maybe since Saturday night had so little of sleep that is why. Maybe because I've been on an emotional roller coaster over the weekend is why. Who knows but I am grateful with the way God takes care of me. I was reading a story last night of a man around my age who had MS for twenty years but otherwise in good health. He contracted the coronavirus and is now on life support. I had thought my MS was probably not an issue for me since it was 'behaving itself' but I guess it is. I also thought my previous breast cancer was not an issue but who knows. I can tell you who knows everything. God. Luke 12:7 tells us that He knows the numbers of hairs on our head! That's pretty amazing! The reason He created us was for us to love Him and share His love with others. Therefore, He wants to make sure He knows everything about us. We have no secrets from Him. When someone asks how we are doing and we say 'ok,' He knows if that is the truth or not. He knows everything because He is in control of everything. That was a point given throughout my sermon yesterday. He is in control even in things such as the coronavirus. He is in control even with my husband having cancer in his pancreas. He is in control with people who have lost their jobs and struggling to pay bills. Plain and simple. He is in control. How can we believe that when our world is shattering all around us? We must have faith and lean into Him. We must stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit as II Timothy 1:7 tells us. We must trust in Him as Proverbs 3:5-6 direct us to do. This morning I woke up to the words of King of Glory going through my mind and was immediately blessed with the knowledge He is not only the King of Kings of my life but He is the Lord of Lords who abides with me 24/7. 

Who is this King of Glory
With strength and majesty
And wisdom beyond measure
The gracious King of kings

The Lord of Earth and Heaven
The Creator of all things
He is this King of Glory
He's everything to me

His name is Jesus
Precious Jesus
The Lord Almighty
The King of my heart
The King of Glory


Yes! His strength and majesty...And wisdom beyond measure... This is why I can live in peace in the midst of the storms of life. His strength and wisdom are mine. When I question, He has the answer. When I doubt, He is there to encourage me. This weekend was so hard emotionally. Finding out at 8pm on Saturday night that I was preaching the sermon Sunday at first made me mad. But after praying He gave me peace and a sermon. Doing the whole service myself on facebook live could have been a bit nerve racking but He gave me calmness. I had great expectation of having people respond at the 'altar call' and felt disappointed in no one responding but then He comforted me that I planted seeds and still may be told of decisions. I had prayed God would give Doc enough strength to help me with the camera and He did. Seeing him weak is so hard but God continues to be with us and give us the strength needed for each situation we face. We prayed Saturday night for wisdom about going to the ER for his pain. We did not want to do so but the pain was so intense and not being touched by medication. Thankfully our prayers were answered with yesterday the pain being lessened. His strength and majesty...And wisdom beyond measure is ours. Praise His Holy Name! Getting to FaceTime with our six older grand babies was the emotional high of the weekend. God is so good! Oh how I miss them. It hurts my heart to hear 'Grandma Sheila I miss you.' Last night I did something different by asking them individually how we could pray for them this week. I pray for them often but decided they need to know that. I tell their parents I pray for them and occasionally ask for specifics but have never asked the babies. When the boys were little, I prayed for their wives and children so these babies have been prayed over for many years. My prayers continue for them to be raised in the faith and knowing their Heavenly Father loves them. We are so blessed with our babies and their babies. I am so grateful for technology that allows us interaction with one another. I was thinking about in probably 1970 or 1971 when my brother was in the Army in Germany. My parents and I went to the Red Cross office in Wooster and recorded a cassette tape to 'talk' to him for Christmas. That's weird to think about now. Wow! Our technology has come so far! Now we get on our computer and talk to people all over the world. Those were tough days for my parents but God was their Constant. They knew they could rely on Him and His strength and majesty...And wisdom beyond measure. I am so grateful my boys and our grand babies have that same assurance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for everyone who prayed when I put out a request in the middle of the night on Saturday! Thank You for all who watched and will watch yesterday's sermon! Thank You for keeping my Momma safe from this virus! Thank You for Doc's pain being less yesterday! Oh how I pray for the pain to be gone...the cancer to be eradicated from his body. I know we are not alone with what we are dealing with. I continue to pray for all with cancer to have Your strength physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Thank You for friends and neighbors who have brought groceries to us while we are self-quarantined! Thank You for people who check on us! I pray for those who are alone like my Momma, Rhonda, Mr Fran, Grammy, and so many others. I also pray for my friends in the Assisted Living facility to be protected from the virus being taken in by the workers. Lord, my heart breaks that so many are dying. I don't know the reason but I do know You continue to be in control and for that knowledge I am grateful. I pray protection over Ben as he is out in the food banks this week and for all the front-line workers. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.


2 comments:

Sandi said...

When you wrote our world is shattering it reminded me of a scene in a movie I saw. A young girl was being distracted by a beautiful ball with dancing and a handsome prince. But, suddenly, the walls and scenery splintered like glass, broke into many pieces, and fell away. Then she could see where she really was and she was in trouble. Our world is being shaken, but we will see why and we will see the Lord. It will be good.

My Strength said...

That is an awesome word picture! I truly believe God is using this time to wake us up. He desires for all to come into relationship with Him and knows we have to get to the end of ourselves before that will happen. Blessings...