Monday, April 13, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Holy Water"


Yesterday was a different Easter but it was good. I was blessed with presenting the Passion Week with Doc in our on-line service. Then we were blessed with our meal provided by Mike and Roxanne. It was delicious and had all of the fixins of a 'normal' Easter meal. Ham, green bean casserole, baked beans, deviled eggs, and rolls along with pecan pie for dessert. I made potato salad to go with it. Perfect! It was even more perfect because I knew it was made with love! These days with COVID-19 across our nation are hard with being separated from friends and family. They are hard for me to not be able to go to the grocery store. I'm thankful for neighbors and friends who pick up milk, yogurt, etc. for us. I'm also thankful for our stocked shelves and full freezer to eat from. Overnight and this morning with the storms blowing through I'm thankful for His protection for us. I'm thankful for our power not staying off long and for only small limbs being down in the backyard. I also am thankful for the rain we received. This morning I am praying for those who lost loved ones in the storms and with the COVID-19. I'm also praying for Doc who is having so much pain with the cancer. These storms of life are hard and some are harder than others. I am reminded this morning that God is still in control. He still desires to empower me through His Holy Spirit as Paul wrote in II Timothy 1:7. But the only way He can do that is for me to have a cleansing in my spirit. There cannot be anything between me and Him. The song Holy Water has been going through my mind since yesterday's service.

Your forgiveness
Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips
Like the sound of a symphony to my ears
It's like holy water
Your forgiveness
Oh, is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips
Like the sound of a symphony to my ears
Oh, it's like holy water on my skin
Yeah, it's like holy water on my skin
Oh, it's like holy water

Yes! I would not be where I am today if not for His forgiveness. Oh how I pray people made decisions yesterday to make a change in their life so He is directing them. I pray for more believers to allow Him total control over them and make every decision before them. I pray for more people to allow Him to be in total control of their life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for improvement in Vance Sharpe and Rev. Fite! Thank You for Your protection over us in these storms! Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit today so You can flow freely from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for more of You and less of me. I also pray for this intense pain Doc is having to be gone. May You be greater than the pain. May You be so real to him during these tough days. Lord, thank You for David's voice returning. May You continue to use doctors and treatments to heal him. Thank You for keeping my Momma safe during the high winds that are expected today! Thank You for my friend Kim praying and checking on us during the night! May You continue to use her and Carl as Your willing servants. Thank You for being My Holy Water! Amen.

No comments: