Sunday, April 26, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Prize Worth Fighting For"


I prayed for pastors before going to bed and then God woke me once to pray for some specific ones. First He had me pray for pastors who are without pay due to the coronavirus. He had me pray for people who are blessed financially to be generous with them. The second group were for those who will be ordained this summer and those who will be receiving their District License. As I read the posts yesterday from different ones in Ohio I was happy for them but also a bit jealous. I was hoping this would be my year to be ordained but now with the coronavirus that may not happen. I know it's just a piece of paper and that God has already anointed me for the calling He has put on my life but it is a privilege that I want to experience with Doc by my side. God had me pray for pastors who have lost their spouse and now doing ministry on their own. He also had me pray for those who are not married yet to make sure the spouse they choose is the one He desires for them. I've seen some marriages fall apart because of a spouse who did not want to be married to a pastor. It not only affects the couple but it also can cause damage to a church. There is also a group of pastors recognized at District Assembly that are overlooked a lot of times. That is retired pastors. They have poured their life into serving God and need to be recognized for their years of service. Pastors are never completely retired but there usually comes a time where they need to retire from the day-to-day activities of pastoring a church. I love how churches use retired pastors to fill the pulpit. They have a lot of experience to share and the churches have a lot of love to give them. It is a win-win situation. When we were called to the Willard Church, Rev. Angel had been filling the pulpit. He had loved on them in a way that kept them together without a pastor. He was such a blessing! It is important for pastors to have people in their congregation who desire to love with God's love. It is easier to work together for a common goal when people are willing to be involved in spreading the Gospel. The more people are in the church, the more they will desire to be the church. The other day I was in a conversation about this time we are in right now with not meeting together. The person said they were afraid when this was over people will be out of the habit of going to church and so churches would be empty. I disagreed and said I think the church will look different because people will have the desire to be together as a church body. I believe true Christians are drawing closer to God through this time. They are praying, reading their Bibles, sharing God's love with their neighbors, etc. But what they said may be true for those who are just going day-in/day-out without pouring more of Him into themselves. We have all the time in the world to spend more time with Him and that is exactly what He desires of us to do. Yesterday was a 'lazy' day for me where I felt like I didn't accomplish much. I made Doc's breakfast and made peanut butter candy for some people but that was about all that I accomplished. I was in pain and just laid around most of the day. But even when I was being 'lazy' I still was in tune with God by reading His Word, praying, and loving on others. I need to be more intentional in doing these things to a greater depth but I do them daily. When something becomes a habit, it becomes natural to do it. It is in my nature to live in His presence. I would not know how to do life without Him and am so thankful I will never have to. He is with me while I am on this earth and I will spend eternity with Him. I woke up to a song Jamie Kimmett sings...

When every days just another struggle 
And every choice is an act of war
Gotta pray gotta press on
To the prize worth fighting for
When it feels like I'll never make it
When my hearts crying out for more
Gotta pray gotta press on 
To the prize worth fighting for

Yes! He is the prize I have my eyes on! He is Who I live for every day. When the enemy comes knocking, I know He empowers me to stand firm in my faith. II Timothy 1:7 is in my mind at all time along with Proverbs 3:5-6 which enables me to have His wisdom. I do not have to do anything on my own but instead can walk in the knowledge that He is in control of every second of every day. Woo hoo! There is such peace in this knowledge. Today is Sunday. It normally is a day to gather with my church family to worship as a corporate body of believers. Right now that is not possible but that does not mean I won't set aside specific time to worship Him. I personally worship Him every day but Sunday is different when I worship Him with a church body. Today is one of those days where my body does not want to function but I know He is my strength and will empower me through it. He will bless me as I bless Him. He will love on me in such a way that I will feel His strength to know I'm not alone in the battles on this earth. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my time to pray for pastors before going to bed, during the night, and then again this morning! Thank You for my pastor who is struggling physically this morning! I pray Your healing hand will come down upon Doc. Empower him with Your strength as he preaches. Give him exactly what he needs physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually to not just get through this day but to shine brightly for You. Thank You for those on the NCO District who were told yesterday about getting their first District License, renewal of their District License, and those who will be ordained. Lord, You know the desire of my heart is to be ordained this year with Doc by my side. I pray that desire will come to existence. I also pray for retired pastors to feel Your loving arms wrapped around them, especially when they feel like they are no longer needed. May they realize when You called them it was not just until retirement age but for their entire life. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. I pray for my cup to overflow with You today. Thank You Jesus for being The Prize Worth Fighting For! Amen.

No comments: