Saturday, April 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 11 - "Control"


I had a hard time going to sleep last night and then was awake multiple times throughout the night. My prayers are so heavy for two situations. One is for a troubled marriage and the other for a family in turmoil. God gave me Psalm 11 a couple times. In the New Living Testament it reads:
I trust in the Lord for protection.
So why do you say to me,
    “Fly like a bird to the mountains for safety!
The wicked are stringing their bows
    and fitting their arrows on the bowstrings.
They shoot from the shadows
    at those whose hearts are right.
The foundations of law and order have collapsed.
    What can the righteous do?”
But the Lord is in his holy Temple;
    the Lord still rules from heaven.
He watches everyone closely,
    examining every person on earth.
The Lord examines both the righteous and the wicked.
    He hates those who love violence.
He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked,
    punishing them with scorching winds.
For the righteous Lord loves justice.
    The virtuous will see his face.
As I pray for physical, mental, emotional, and financial protection in these two situations my heart breaks. I have shed many tears over both of them. I also need to continue to pray for spiritual protection for them. God is right there with them. They know that yet in times of turmoil it is easy for the enemy to take our eyes off of Him. I read about this Psalm this morning in Charles Spurgeon's Commentary:

Charles Simeon gives an excellent summary of this Psalm in the following sentences:--"The Psalms are a rich repository of experimental knowledge. David, at the different periods of his life, was placed in almost every situation in which a believer, whether rich or poor, can be placed; in these heavenly compositions he delineates all the workings of the heart. He introduces, too, the sentiments and conduct of the various persons who were accessory either to his troubles or his joys; and thus sets before us a compendium of all that is passing in the hearts of men throughout the world. When he penned this Psalm he was under persecution from Saul, who sought his life, and hunted him 'as a partridge upon the mountains.' His timid friends were alarmed for his safety, and recommended him to flee to some mountain where he had a hiding-place, and thus to conceal himself from the rage of Saul. But David, being strong in faith, spurned the idea of resorting to any such pusillanimous expedients, and determined confidently to repose his trust in God." To assist us to remember this short, but sweet Psalm, we will give it the name of "THE SONG OF THE STEADFAST." 

The prayers I have been sending up for these two situations have been for protection. This Psalm has tweaked my prayers to pray for the ones involved to: stand firm in their faith; trust God with the situations they are in; and seek His wisdom. As they live out II Timothy 1:7 in His love and empowerment they will realize His strength in the situation they are in. Throughout the night the words to the song Control were going through my mind.

I've had plans
Shattered and broken
Things I have hoped in
Fall through my hands
You have plans
To redeem and restore me
You're behind and before me
Oh help me believe

God You don't need me
But somehow You want me
Oh how You love me
Somehow that frees me
To take my hands off of my life
And the way it should go, oh
God You don't need me
But somehow You want me
Oh how You love me
Somehow that frees me
To open my hands up
And give You control

We all need to get to the end of ourselves and give Him control. We need to allow Him to protect us through situations in life that seem impossible. He already knows the outcome of our situations and is ready to empower us to make decisions based on His will. He gives us free will so when the enemy comes knocking at our door we have a choice to make on whether we will allow him an inroad or not. Oh how I pray the enemy out of these two situations. He is clearly in them and needs removed. My God is not a God of chaos but of order. The enemy loves to cause issues in relationships but God loves to empower people to work things out when there are disagreements. This morning I pray for all involved to seek His will. But before they can do that they must ask God to forgive them for what they have done so He can wipe their slate clean. I'm praying for restitution in relationships to occur sooner than later.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for laying these situations on my heart to pray for! Thank You for restoring relationships in my life over the years! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can walk where You so desire me of me today. Go before me and be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a more intentional way. Father, my physical pain is nothing compared to what Doc is going through but we both need Your healing touch today. Lord, I continue to pray protection over these two situations I have been praying for. I pray for those involved to lean into Your strength. I rebuke the enemy out of both situations. Lord, be so real to those who are being attacked. May they realize You are with them no matter what happens. May they sense Your strength and love in a mighty way today. Thank You Jesus for being The One In Control Of My Life! Amen.

No comments: