Tuesday, April 7, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "I Can Just Be Me"


Some people are really struggling through these days. Some are distraught over having to stay at home. But God is using these days to give us all time to get right with Him. He is using these days to fill up the spiritual tanks of believers. We now are no longer stressed with a hectic schedule trying to fit in time for God. Instead we have all the time in the world to be with Him. It's a shame that it took a pandemic for it to happen. I would love to know statistics on how people are spending their time now compared to before COVID19. I've had more hours of listening to worship music, relaxing, reading, watching on-line sermons, being in His Word, etc. than ever before. Actually, in times such as my MS diagnosis, surgeries, etc. I did more of those things but many of those times technology wasn't what it is today so this time is different. Since we don't have young children at home I don't have to fret over getting school work done, having enough snacks, keeping them occupied, etc. I will say I'm thankful to be where I am in life. These days are so challenging for many. Many would think we would be challenged by them with Doc's health situation but we are having some of our best days as a couple. Last night as we prepared for bed I was so blessed when I heard "I enjoy being with you." We had spent the day accomplishing a few tasks we've been wanting to accomplish and took time to sit outside in the gorgeous weather enjoying the beauty of God's creation. We planted a lime bush/tree we bought before the virus hit, put together goody bags for the church children and teens along with some other children we know, ate two meals together at the table, watched Brother Dan Bohi's revival message, laughed, and talked. It was an awesome day that God blessed us with. We talked about things we want to do around the house and reminisced about things that have happened in our married life. When I got the mail, we were blessed with a letter about a $850 bill for chemo going to be paid through a co-pay assistance program which was such a blessing. Our neighbor Chris picked up some Vitamin water for me and cranberry juice for Doc which was a blessing. Our mayor and then the governor put a 'stay at home' order in place which was badly needed to stop the virus. Our county is fourth highest in the state for cases of the virus. I've read stories of people having parties, being at the beach, etc. and have been praying for that to stop. There are eleven known cases in our zip code. With Doc being on chemo it is a must that neither of us be out and about. We continue to pray about him doing chemo tomorrow. With Ben being in the food banks we've been praying extra prayers for him to be protected. I cannot even begin to imagine what life would be like if he contracted it and took it home to Emily and the children. All of these things are a concern but we have peace in knowing God is still in control. Yesterday when I started with MS 'hippy hippy shakes' (tremors) that didn't want to stop even after a pill I kept telling myself God is still in control. As Doc fed me my lunch I kept thinking God is still in control. Throughout the rest of the day when my arms would jerk from time to time I thought God is still in control. Plain and simple. God is still in control. I will continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment so He can work in and through me. I desire His love to flow through me so people will have the desire in their heart to love Him too. I pray for people to get to the end of themselves so they can live in the peace God intends for all of us. That peace is only possible when we remember He is in control no matter what is happening in our lives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for Chris getting us what we needed from the store! Thank You for the co-pay assistance for the chemo bill! Thank You for health insurance! Thank You for Doc being able to be outside yesterday, planting the lime bush/tree, getting his guitar out last night and playing, and being able to eat a little better! Lord, my prayers continue for him to be out of pain. It's so hard to see him suffer. Thank You for making a way for the pain medication to go through! Father, be with Jim as he is reliving the days of Sandy's first stroke as it has been a year. Give him Your strength. I pray for: a friend with a special situation that needs Your healing; a man recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer that needs to find You; Tracy; Sandy and her coworkers, Melissa and the ladies at the infusion center, and all first responders for protection from the virus; those who are lonely from being self-quarantined and living alone; pastors and church leaders who are planning for a different kind of Easter Sunday; a young husband/father who recently had eye surgery and is waiting for it to heal to know if he will be able to see; and Dan Bohi and his team and other evangelists as they are off the road. Father, may we all take this time to draw deeper in relationship with You. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. I do not want to miss any opportunity You have for me. I want to see with Your eyes and hear with Your ears. May I be Your hands and feet today in the way You so desire. Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: