Monday, April 20, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Blessings"



April 20 holds a special place in my heart because it was the day my Daddy went to be with Jesus seven years ago. That morning was so hard with being pulled between being with my Momma and being with Doc. I had just brought him home from his second knee replacement the night before. I was thankful for people who made it possible for me to be in Orrville that day. Marlene who checked on Doc and Rick and Denise who took meals to him all blessed me in abundance. My Daddy and my husband had a lot of things in common but one is the way they both loved to spoil me. When I was a little girl, my Daddy would buy me a dress for every holiday. Sometimes he even celebrated ones like Ground Hog Day! I remember when Paul was a baby and my Daddy bought me a green dress for St. Patrick's Day. I do not like the color green but I wore that dress proudly. My Daddy knew I was struggling with being a new Mommy and he knew a dress was just what I needed. My Daddy loved to go for car rides. We would take off on Sunday afternoons after church and drive through the countryside. I loved it because he would let me say 'left' or 'right' when we would come to a stop sign. It always amazed me how he would never appear to be lost! I wish he could have experienced our little world here in Beaufort. He would love driving around to see the beauty of God's creation. He also would love eating fresh seafood! My Daddy taught me a lot about how to live for the Lord. He was known for sharing God's love through a quart of his homemade vegetable soup or a bowl of his potato salad. He knew the way to love on people through their stomachs! He also knew how to give sacrificially. Even when it appeared there were no extra funds my Daddy would find some to help someone in need. I'm so grateful for my boys having him as a role model. I'm grateful he was able to meet a few of our grand babies before leaving. I'm grateful for the way he taught me to never lose faith. Plain and simple. I am grateful. The tears are falling this morning because I miss him so much. He was my greatest encourager. Many times when he would call to find out I was laying on the couch or even still in bed and would encourage me to not stay down. He knew if I did, the MS would take over and I would be done. I was always a 'Daddy's girl' and I believe that is why it is so easy to have a relationship with my Heavenly Daddy. I'm so grateful for the way my earthly Daddy loved on me. If he were still with us today, I can just imagine him telling me to not lose faith but continue to pray for a miracle in Doc's body. He would encourage me to not ever give up but instead to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in God's empowerment. I wish he could hear me preach. I know he would be proud of me. I wish he could see how well I am doing physically. I know he would acknowledge God's healing in me. I would never wish him back on this earth because he was worn out from the cancer but sometimes I wish there were just one more phone call or one more hug. I'm grateful a couple weeks before he left us for Doc stopping for me to run in to give him a hug when we passed through Orrville. What a treasured gift that hug was and will always be.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the wonderful memories I have of my earthly Daddy! Thank You for the way he and my Momma taught me to love You! Thank You for the way they taught me to give a generous life sharing Your love! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be better at living out Your love. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout the day ahead. Father, I pray for a healing in Doc while he is on this earth. I pray today will be the day when the pain is less. I pray for him to feel Your presence in a mighty way today. Thank You for protecting us from last night's storms! Thank You for being My Heavenly Daddy! Amen.

No comments: