Wednesday, April 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Flawless"


God woke me at 3:30AM to pray for a friend. I'm so grateful for times like that. I feel so privileged He uses me as an intercessor. I am so grateful when I turned from Him years ago He never gave up on me. This morning I woke to these words of Flawless that Mercy Me sings...

No matter the bumps 
No matter the bruises 
No matter the scars 
Still the truth is 
The cross has made 
The cross has made you flawless 
No matter the hurt 
Or how deep the wound is 
No matter the pain 
Still the truth is 
The cross has made 
The cross has made you flawless 

The cross...yes! Jesus died for all of our sins on the cross. But the story doesn't end at the cross. He was buried and rose again. He lives! Woo hoo! We all have the same opportunity to live as a child of God. Jesus did not die for just some but for all. There are so many people that think they have done 'too bad' of things for Him to love them. That is just a lie from satan. God loves us all more than we can even begin to imagine. He loves us so much that He had His Only Son die so we could live. More people need to not only hear the message of His love but they need to believe it. My heart breaks to hear of situations where people are not in relationship with Him. It breaks to see children being raised in homes where God's love is not practiced. What we are going through right now with the coronavirus has people scared. Now is the perfect time to show people His peace. I have His peace. That doesn't mean I don't fall apart at times. I do. I'm human. But I don't fret over the 'what ifs' or the 'how will things work out' because I know God is in control. All I have to do is stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit so He can love through me. I continue to hold II Timothy 1:7 close in my heart and mind as I go through difficult days. I know I am not alone. I also know I don't have to make any decision on my own because God's wisdom is mine. Praise His Holy Name! There are a lot of people who criticize this song because they say no one is flawless. Every time we repent and ask God to cleanse us we are flawless until we mess up again. Those same people are ones who argue that a person can't be sanctified holy because humans can't be holy. Once again, I disagree. We are made in God's image. The more we strive to live Christ-like, the more we will. Oh how I wish more people would believe in His love and more believers would allow Him to baptize them with His love. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder from this song that Your death showed You and Your Heavenly Father's love for all! Thank You for loving us so greatly! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with dropping off goody bags for the children and teens! Thank You for Brother Dan's message last night! May You continue to be with him and his team during these days of not being on the road. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You today. I pray You will show through my words, thoughts, actions, and attitude in a mighty way. Lord, once again I pray for healing for Doc. I pray You will give him exactly what he needs physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually throughout this day. Lord, I also pray for: Mary and her family as they grieve the loss of a loved one; the other families who lost loved ones in the same situation; those in Ohio who are dealing with storm damage from last night; my friend You woke me to pray for during the night; Bob and Beth as they travel back to California; people with job situations that are getting crazy the longer COVID19 continues; Mike; and so many others who need to feel Your presence. I praise You for keeping my Momma safe during the storm as she went to the basement. Thank You Jesus for being My Cleanser! Amen.

No comments: