Monday, April 27, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-20; Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:13; James 1:2-3 - "Move"


Wow! Over ten hours of sleep is crazy to think about. We slept with the windows open last night which was wonderful. If there wouldn't have been noise from a vehicle outside, I still might be sleeping. Yesterday was an emotional day with Doc waking up with dizziness. After preaching he went to bed and was there most of the day. He didn't eat much and slept a lot. Such days play havoc on not just my emotions but on my physical body as well. Today is a new day and I pray it is a better one for him. I pray there is less pain, no dizziness, and the fatigue is not as bad. I do not normally like the word 'hate' but I will have to say it is how I feel about cancer. The things he is going through are not fun by any means. They are tough not only on him but on me as well. I just want him to feel better and not have to go through this junk. But until God heals him this is what we have to live with. The only way to get through it is to lean into God for more of His strength. We have to keep strong in our faith in knowing God knows the outcome and will see us through all that is ahead. This morning the tears are falling as a song Toby Mac sings is going through my head.

I know your heart been broke again
I know your prayers ain't been answered yet
I know you're feeling like you got nothing left
Well, lift your head, it ain't over yet, ain't over yet so

Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
Move, keep walkin' until the mornin' comes
Move, keep walkin' soldier keep movin' on
And lift your head, it ain't over yet, ain't over yet

Doc keeps saying, "As long as there is breath there is hope." I know that. I believe it. But these days are so, so hard. I must not allow the enemy an open door. I must stay strong in the Lord. As His soldier I must put on His armor every day to not just get through these tough days but to shine brightly for Him. I will stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment as I put on His armor of Ephesians 6:10-20. As I do, I will have His wisdom of Proverbs 3:5-6. I can do this in His strength of Philippians 4:13 and with His joy of James 1:2-3. As I do, I know He will encourage me through every moment of every day. I also know He will use me to be glorified through these tough days. I don't want to just get through them but I want to thrive through them. In yesterday's sermon Doc talked about how we need to live. I want to be a 'faith spreader, love giver, and a hope dealer'! Woo hoo! Yes! I can do this with God's empowerment!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with us yesterday! Thank You for empowering Doc to be able to preach with the physical issues he was having! Thank You for the dizziness stopping! Thank You for the time of worship I had in the afternoon as I listened to Emily, Matt, Chad, and Kim sing! Thank You for today's technology that keeps us connected! Father, I desire to be a 'faith spreader, love giver, and a hope dealer'! I know the only way for this desire to come to fruition is for You to cleanse me so I can be living a life filled with You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a new, different way. May You shine brightly through me as I intentionally strive to love with Your love. Father, my physical body needs a touch as well as my emotional and mental do. Most of all I pray for Your enrichment in my spiritual body. Oh Father, how I need more of You. I pray no matter what is ahead in this day You will be greater. Thank You Jesus for being My Commander! Amen.

No comments: