Tuesday, March 31, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Yes, I Will"

 

Eleven hours! How can a person sleep eleven hours when they have not done anything physical the day before?!?!? If my Daddy were alive, he would tell me I was going to get bedsores from being in bed so long. LOL. Maybe I'm just getting caught up from the craziness from before being self-quarantined. I do believe if that were the case I would have already been caught up. No matter why, God knew I needed it. I was reminded last night as I listened to Brother Dan preach that God knows the end at the beginning of our circumstances. What a great reminder! He already knows the outcome of every situation we find ourselves in. This makes me want to be even more intentional in living out II Timothy 1:7. It makes me desire to live out the empowerment of the Holy Spirit in a way that will show others how easy life is when we do not rely on self but instead rely on God. Brother Dan also said 'God is waiting on us to wait.' Wow! He is using this time of the coronavirus to stop us from the craziness life has become so we have time for things of Him that we have let go by the wayside. Praise His Holy Name for answering Brother Dan's prayers to have time with family yet be able to reach more people. That is happening through this time with his on-line revival. I praise Him for not feeling guilty about leaving Doc when I had to go to things because now those things are no longer. I praise Him for the worship music playing in our home again. I praise Him for being with my Momma and keeping her safe. I praise Him for times of seeing our grand babies over the computer that doesn't normally happen. I praise Him for giving me a deepening in my spirit to know Him better. There are so many things to praise Him during these days of unknown. Nothing is unknown to God. Once again I am reminded that He knows the end at the beginning of our circumstances. He knows we all have people in our lives who desire to go deeper with Him. He knows who is ready. He is waiting on us to wait on Him to reveal such things to us. He is waiting on us to be open to what He desires of us to do and say. He is waiting on us to be ready to go where He desires us to go. Plain and simple. He is waiting on us. Woo hoo! The enemy may try to use this coronavirus to tear people apart but God is using it to restore the spiritual lives of all of us. The words to Yes I Will are in my heart this morning...

I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
You're working all things out

Yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
All my days, oh, yes I will

Yes! He is working all things out during this time we are in. That is something He always does but sometimes we get in His way. Sometimes we try to manipulate circumstances to make things go the way we think they should. Shame on us! All we have to do is trust God. He knows what the best outcome is for all of us. All we have to do is wait on Him. That is what He is doing right now. He is waiting on us to wait on Him. He is waiting on us to trust Him through coronavirus, pancreatic cancer, and everything else going on in life. During this time we must go deeper in our faith and allow Him to work in and through us more than ever before. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the eleven hours of rest last night! Thank You for people who send cards, drop off groceries, call, etc. to encourage us! Thank You for the resolution for Doc to get blood work without having to go to the hospital! Thank You for the day ahead where I am praying he has less pain! Thank You for guiding us and taking us deeper in our faith walk! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us with more of Your Holy Spirit. May we be more intentional in saying and doing what You desire throughout the day ahead. Thank You for continuing to protect my Momma! Thank You for our time 'being with' the grand babies via the internet over the weekend! Thank You for Brother Dan having time with family yet still being able to touch more people! I sure am enjoying this time of revival with him. Thank You, thank You, thank You for all the blessings You are showering us with! Thank You for friends who have sent checks for the church building rehab! It is so exciting to see it getting closer to being accomplished. You are a great, great Father! Lord, I pray for: Carletta to regain strength; Weston and his family to be protected while in the hospital along with Little Finn and his family; Momma, Grammy, Mr. Fran and other seniors who are alone; my friends in the assisted living facility to be protected along with the workers; those in the front-line as they serve our community; Dave and the others on Parris Island; and for the world to find Your peace. Thank You Father for being My Depth! Amen.

No comments: