Tuesday, March 17, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Ephesians 6:10-20 - "Warrior"


I woke up during the night thinking about Ephesians 6:10-20 and the song Warrior was going through my mind.

Staring down the face of fear
Gotta keep breathing
When the negative is all you hear
Gotta keep believing

'Cause in the dark there is a light
Your truth it keeps on burning bright
Brave enough to fight the fight
And shout the battle cry

This is where we are living today with the present situation with the coronavirus. Staring down the face of fear. We do not have to fear the unknown but instead can lean into our faith in the Lord. Negative is all around us but we do not have to get caught up in it. We need to speak words of life. We need to be in prayer more than ever before. We need to put on the full armor of God every morning before our feet hit the floor. The enemy is lurking and trying to destroy but God is greater and will give life. 

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Putting on His armor is the only way we can stand firm in our faith and not allow the enemy an open door into our life. I desire to be a warrior. He has brought me through so much in my life and I know He will bring me through this. If He doesn't, I will still have victory in death. These words are ones I am standing on today and proclaiming...

I will keep the hope alive
I will find the strength inside
I will keep the hope alive
I am a warrior, I will survive
I will keep the hope alive
I will find the strength inside
I will keep the hope alive
Warrior
You'll never stop me I'm a warrior
When I fall down I get stronger

I was thinking about the different things I have been a warrior through. Every day is a battle with M.S. Many people if asked would say I don't have a disease because I look fine. But they don't see the tingling, weakness, etc. I experience. Sometimes the cognitive issues rear their ugly head but for the most part unless I am using a cane/walker/wheelchair I look pretty normal. LOL..me normal!?!?! I am blessed to have Jesus as my Hope and Strength. I am blessed in knowing I am not alone no matter what happens. I am blessed by knowing that if I die from this earth I will continue living for eternity in heaven. Plain and simple. I am blessed. We are all blessed in the knowledge He loves us greatly. That is the message we need to get better at sharing. Yesterday when I saw the lady bent over the cart in the parking lot at Was-Mart my first reaction was she needed help. My second reaction was what if she is sick with the virus and I get exposed to it. The Holy Spirit led me to her and thankfully she was bent over the cart texting. When I asked if she were ok, she said she was but was having a hard day with her grown children mad because she was there working. They were concerned she would be exposed to the virus. We talked and I told her I would pray for her. I didn't pray with her and starting getting upset with myself afterward but felt led not to. Her response to me saying I would pray was a big ole smile and 'bless you'! Sometimes I don't understand why He has me do or not do things but I sure am thankful He makes Himself very clear to me. I love the way Hannah Kerr puts it. "Faith is my shield, Your love is the armor. I'm a warrior." Yes! I am protected through living out my faith. I am capable of being a warrior through all situations through His love as I stand on II Timothy 1:7. Once again I say I am blessed.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You bless me! Thank You for always being with me! Thank You for protecting me from the enemy! Thank You for the peace You give in times such as this! Thank You for being with Doc yesterday as he was so sick! Father, I beg You to give him a better day today. May You be his Healer today in a mighty way. May You be his Strength in the day ahead. Lord, we live by faith that You are with us at all time. We trust You Father with the day ahead. We believe You will protect us and provide for us. We are so grateful You are in control even in a world that seems out of control. Yesterday when the nurse said to continue on as normal with blood work and chemo I made the remark that it would be the only thing normal in our lives. But then I had to repent for that remark because You continue to be our Normal. Father, cleanse me of anything not of You so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts in a more intentional way today than ever before. Go before me and empower me to speak words of life. I pray You will be very close to Pastor Tim's family during this time of loss. Thank You Jesus for being My Normal! Amen.



No comments: