Monday, March 30, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "It Is Well With My Soul"


Yesterday was such a wonderful day! I listened to several sets of worship throughout the day. Of course, my favorite was with Emily and Miss Evelyn leading worship for the Cardington Church of the Nazarene. It was extra special with my 'baby' Ben opening their service with prayer. That made my heart so proud and grateful. It was so cool how three of the worship sets had the song It Is Well With My Soul in them. The first verse speaks of the peace I feel right now in the storm of cancer in Doc's pancreas and the coronavirus in the world.

  1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll; 
    Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well with my soul.
    • Refrain:
      It is well with my soul,
      It is well, it is well with my soul.

Yes! His peace is my peace because I have chosen to rely on Him with every aspect of my life. Last night with finishing my day with listening to Brother Dan Bohi speak about why he believes in healing, I was blessed again. I was reminded of the night God used him to heal me. What a blessing to walk into the church with a walker and dance out after the service. More than a physical healing, I received a healing in every aspect of my body that night. As I pondered on that God reminded me of something He brought to my mind last week as I felt like I wasn't getting any projects accomplished. I've done a lot of resting during this time of self-quarantine. I've also done a lot of things not of my 'normal' but I feel like I'm wasting time. I don't like to do that. This morning God reminded me about looking at every aspect of my life and setting goals. He reminded me that he gives all of us 168 hours in a week. If I desire to tithe of my time then I need to give back to Him 16.8 hours in a week. I normally surpass that number but I want to try surpassing it in all areas of my life. I pray for Him to touch me physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Therefore, I am going to be more intentional in all of those areas myself. I can't expect Him to bless me in an area I am not working on myself. I am standing in agreement with Him to strive to spend time on each of these areas daily in this new week ahead.

Physically - be more intentional on eating healthier and getting my goal of 8000 steps in 
Mentally - be more intentional in reading for knowledge instead of just for pleasure and memorize more Scripture
Emotionally - be more intentional encouraging others which in turn encourages me
Financially - strive to get the taxes done
Spiritually - be in His Word more and in prayer more

As I strive to do these things, God will speak more to me. He will become more real to me as I seek more of Him. I want to get to the end of this week knowing I was more intentional in loving with His love. The only way for that to happen is for me to be more intentional in living for Him. I want to get to the end of the each day and be able to say...

It is well with my soul,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Yes! Oh how He loves me so greatly and I love Him so greatly. He desires to bless me in abundance and I desire to live in a manner that is worthy of such blessings. Today starts a new week. I pray it will be a week filled with God moments like yesterday. I know the enemy will come knocking at my door but I do not have to fear his tactics. All I have to do is stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit (II Timothy 1:7) as I live out God's love. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the many blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the worship I listened to throughout the day yesterday! Thank You for Emily and Miss  Evelyn's blessing me with their worship along with Matt, Hope, and Jennifer and Gideon! Thank You for Doc's message yesterday morning and Brother Dan's message last night! Thank You for our FaceTime with Miss Bella! Thank You for Doc feeling better toward the end of the day! May You give him Your strength and empowerment throughout the day ahead. Cleanse me so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit. May You empower me with Your love so You will flow from my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today. Use me in a mighty way to encourage others. I pray for Amanda and her family as Freddie has surgery today; Carletta as she continues with her issues; and all of the people with the coronavirus and their families. May Your presence be felt by all of these ones. Open doors for all to see how we can encourage one another. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: