Friday, March 27, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 26 - "Oceans"


I have been finding a lot of insight and encouragement from the book of Isaiah these last couple of weeks. Today I read Isaiah 26 since today is the 26th day of the month. I read it in different versions. The NIV entitles it as A Song of Praise. In The Message it is entitled Stretch the Borders of Life. This morning God brought to my mind the words of Oceans that Hillsong sings.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Saviour

What an encouragement to be a child of God, especially in the days we are living! The first few verses tell of the promise of life for those who accept Him into their heart. I love the way Matthew Henry describes the peace found in such a life.

Thou wilt keep him in peace; in perfect peace, inward peace, outward peace, peace with God, peace of conscience, peace at all times, in all events. Trust in the Lord for that peace, that portion, which will be for ever. Whatever we trust to the world for, it will last only for a moment; but those who trust in God shall not only find in him, but shall receive from him, strength that will carry them to that blessedness which is for ever. Let us then acknowledge him in all our ways, and rely on him in all trials.

These words remind me that I need to live out Proverbs 3:5-6 every day of my life. I need to trust God with every moment of my day and allow Him to guide me throughout every day. He is my empowerment as I live out II Timothy 1:7. Verses seven through ten in The Message read:

The path of right-living people is level.
    The Leveler evens the road for the right-living.
We’re in no hurry, God. We’re content to linger
    in the path sign-posted with your decisions.
Who you are and what you’ve done
    are all we’ll ever want.
Through the night my soul longs for you.
    Deep from within me my spirit reaches out to you.
When your decisions are on public display,
    everyone learns how to live right.
If the wicked are shown grace,
    they don’t seem to get it.
In the land of right living, they persist in wrong living,
    blind to the splendor of God.

Yes! I am living these verses right now. I am so ready for the Lord to return. I am tired of cancer, coronavirus, abortion, homosexuality...the list goes on and on of things not of God. But there are many people not ready for His return. I need to get better at sharing the Hope of Christ with others so they can come into relationship with Him. I need to get better at sharing a life where you die to self and allow Him to be the Lord of Lords of your life. I need to get better at loving with His love. Plain and simple. I need to get better. Verses twenty and twenty-one speak volumes to me in the time we are living. Wow, God!

Come, my people, go home
    and shut yourselves in.
Go into seclusion for a while
    until the punishing wrath is past,
Because God is sure to come from his place
    to punish the wrong of the people on earth.
Earth itself will point out the bloodstains;
    it will show where the murdered have been hidden away.

Is shut yourselves in being quarantined? Is God punishing us for the sins of this world? Doc mentioned he is preaching Sunday on how we, as a nation, need to repent. Maybe God is preparing my heart for that message by bringing this Scripture to me this morning. I shall ponder on it more and seek His message through it.

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this message and song this morning that prompt me to seek more of You! Thank You for the enlightening You give through Your Word! Father, I pray for more of You and less of me. Cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to come down upon me in a new, different way. May I love with Your love more intentionally than ever before. May I see with Your eyes and hear with Your ears. Lord, may I be Your hands and feet more than ever before in my life. Father, I pray for Doc to have healing in his body. I pray he will not be sick today like yesterday. I pray You will be his Healer from the tip of his head to the tip of his toes. Thank You for: Kim being discharged from the hospital; David getting through the first radiation treatments; Audrey feeling better and hopefully getting discharged; Carletta continuing to seek You in her time of physical ailment; and many others who are struggling with illness including those with the coronavirus. May You continue to use Your servants to love on people during these tough days. Even though we cannot be with people physically I pray You will encourage us to be creative in the way we can still fulfill our purpose on this earth. Thank You Jesus for being My Leveler! Amen.

No comments: