Thursday, March 5, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Nobody"


I woke up this morning with these words to the song Nobody that Casting Crowns sings and immediately started thinking about how I live my life. I try to not compare it to others but sometimes my mind slips that way. There are so many people who live for Jesus in a more intentional way than I do. On the other hand, there are many who don't live for Him at all. I guess maybe I fall in the middle-of-the-road but that's definitely not where I desire to live. I desire to live for Him in the most intentional way possible.

I'm just a nobody
Trying to tell everybody
All about Somebody who saved my soul
Ever since You rescued me
You gave my heart a song to sing
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus

I think people normally see Him in me. I think they see His compassion through me as I go about my day. But that is not enough. People may see Him in me and desire to have the same peace I have. They may see Him in me and desire to have the same joy I have. But until I speak about Him they won't know how to experience Him. That is something I need to get better at doing. I need to tell people my story of how He not only changed my life but He continues to change it daily. People all over the world read what I write. I may never know the impact that happens on their life. I may never know the impact of those I speak about Him to. But He does and that is all that matters. There is a part in this song that goes...

Well, the moral of the story is
Everybody's got a purpose
So when I hear that devil start talking to me, saying
“Who do you think you are”
I say…

So let me go down, down, down in history
As another blood-bought faithful member of the family
And if they all forget my name, well, that's fine with me
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus

Yes! The enemy tries to put fear upon me to make me think I can't speak to someone about the Lord. He tries to put fear upon me about my physical limitations. He tries to put fear upon me about not being good enough in God's eyes. My God is greater than any fear the enemy tries to put on me. He is bigger than any obstacle the enemy puts before me. He is bigger than the doubts the enemy tries to put in my mind. Plain and simple. My God is greater than the enemy. The way I know this is by living out II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment and love. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the peace You gave yesterday at the oncologist appointment with the plan going forward with the cancer in Doc's pancreas! Lord, may Doc not only be in the eighteen percent of still living at the one year mark from diagnosis on May 9 but may he also be in the seven percent at two years and for many more years. You have already performed a miracle in his life by him still being alive. May you continue to do so. I pray for healing in his body in whatever way You desire. Thank You for the rest You provided yesterday! Thank You for being with him with these nasty side effects! Lord, we need more of You so we can stand in Your empowerment and love through these tough days. Cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with Your Holy Spirit. Use us as Your faithful servants. May Your love flow from us in a more intentional way. I want to be more than just a middle-of-the-road follower. The desire of my heart is to not just live as an example of who You call me to be but to be more intentional in speaking about You. May You give me more opportunities to do so. Thank You for Kathy having successful eye surgery. May You continue to be with her son with his health issues. Thank You for Steve having a successful dental appointment! May You continue to be with him as he is on his new journey without Peggy. Thank You for being with Amanda and Aaron and their family during the 'tough' days they are going through. Thank You for the day ahead and all the ways You are going to bless us. Thank You for being My Savior! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Amen.

I heard this song earlier today when I was driving to the eye doctor! What a coincidence. 😉