Monday, March 23, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 40:27-31 - "In Christ"


These days are not 'normal' but that does not mean they are 'bad'! Yesterday was an experience I would never have had if it were not for our present situation. I was apprehensive in doing a live feed on Facebook and was glad when it was over. I would much rather preach to live people who interact with me but it all worked out. Even after all of our work on Saturday to get things 'right' it was still messed up by being sideways. But I will not focus on the negative but instead on the positive! There were people who were reached that do not go to church. There were people who were reached that due to work schedules miss hearing the Word. There were people who were reached who were feeling hopeless. Plain and simple. There were people reached. Yesterday many pastors did the live stream for the first time. Some had internet issues. That should not surprise any of us. God was winning and the enemy was at a loss. Woo hoo! I am so grateful for all who did not put their head in the sand but instead got creative in sharing His Word. I also am so grateful for the words of encouragement people are giving pastors during these different times. I am so grateful for the churches who are leaving the building to minister to people. Plain and simple. I am so grateful and am standing upon II Timothy 1:7 today in a more intentional way so I can live out Psalm 40:27-31.

27 Why do you complain, Jacob?
    Why do you say, Israel,
“My way is hidden from the Lord;
    my cause is disregarded by my God”?
28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


Yes! Woo hoo! I desire to soar on wings like eagles...run and not grow weary...walk and not be faint! I am holding onto the promises of God's Word that tell me He is My Strength! As I allow the empowerment of the Holy Spirit have free reign in my life, people will see/hear Him through me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to bring Your Word yesterday! Thank You for the ones who have listened to not only me but other pastors! Thank You for the seeds that were planted! May we see great fruit come from this time. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts today in a more intentional way. May You guide me to do what You desire of me through this time of being self-quarantined. May You be Doc's healer today in a mighty way. May his pain be less and his stomach calmed. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: