Sunday, March 8, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Matthew 22:38-40, 28:18-20 - "Nobody" and "Your Love Defends Me"


I love Saturday nights with the way the Lord wakes me to pray for pastors. It encourages me greatly for a couple of reasons. One is to know that He wakes others to pray for us. Second is to know that as I pray for pastors I am praying for myself too. Last night He had me focus on praying for relationships. Specifically, He had me pray for pastors who are struggling with their relationship with: their spouse; their children; their parents and/or siblings; people in their congregations; some in dispute with neighbors; and those with prodigal children. He had me pray for all to remember He doesn't expect there to not be conflicts in life because He knows we are human. What He does expect is for all to live out Matthew 22:38-40. In The New King James Version Jesus' reply when asked what the greatest commandment is it reads:

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

I always told our boys when they were growing up they did not have to 'like' people and what they did but they did have to love them with Jesus' love. This is something I am grateful I learned. People do not always act nice nor do they always say nice things but God created everyone and we are to love them. He gives us free choice. We decide how we will act, what we will say, etc. I strive to live in His will but I know I mess up at times so I am not perfect as He is. That is why it is important to repent daily so He can forgive us of our wrong doings, whether we are conscience of them or not. It is only then He can fill us to overflowing with more of His Holy Spirit. God also brought to me during the night Matthew 28:18-20. It reads in The New King James Version:

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. 

These words were spoken to the eleven disciples after His death and resurrection. The authority He spoke over them is the same authority He speaks over us today. We, as pastors, need to take these verses to heart. It does not say go and build big churches. It does not say we are to run programs that will bring in lots of people. What it does say is we are to make disciples. We are to teach others about Him. How well are we doing that? There is such a decline in today's churches. That shows we are not doing this very well. God help us! How can we say we are ministers of Christ if we are not doing as His Word tells us to do in the Great Commission? How can we call ourselves Christians if we are not following the Greatest Commandments? God calls all of us to be His followers. He gives everyone exactly what they need to fulfill His will on this earth. God calls all to walk in His love. He gives everyone exactly what they need to love with His love when they will walk in obedience to Him. God calls all of us to build one another up instead of tearing each other down. Plain and simple. God calls all of us

'Cause I'm just a nobody
Trying to tell everybody
All about Somebody who saved my soul
Ever since You rescued me
You gave my heart a song to sing
I'm living for the world to see
Nobody but Jesus

During the night He had me pray for more men and women who are calling themselves a pastor to realize the importance of following these two sets of Scripture. He had me pray for all of us to understand we cannot do what we desire just because we want things to work out our way but instead we must do as He desires. He told me the only way for this to happen is for the death of self so He can live in and through us as He desires. He also had me pray II Timothy 1:7 over all pastors so they will not be afraid of the change that will happen in their life as they die to self. He told me to pray against the enemy because he doesn't like such change and he will fight them more than ever before. When we live for self, the enemy is happy because he has many open doors. When we live surrendered to Christ, the enemy is mad. I personally like making the enemy mad because when he is mad I know I'm doing exactly what God desires of me. There are some days where I literally shout out, "Bring it on!" because the enemy is fighting so greatly. I know I am empowered by God to do whatever He desires of me to do. Therefore, the enemy will never win in my life. He may win some battles here and there when I give into the flesh but He will not win the war. I'm on this earth to love with God's love and to get more people to realize such a life. Woo hoo! 

Surely my God is the strength of my soul
Your love defends me
Your love defends me
And when I feel like I'm all alone
Your love defends me
Your love defends me

Dear Jesus,
Thank You so much for the time we had before I went to sleep and then again during the night to pray for pastors and their relationships! Thank You for reminding me of the Great Commandments and the Great Commission! Thank You for being with every pastor as they go throughout their day whether they are in the pulpit or not! Thank You for being with those  struggling in their relationship with: their spouse; their children; their parents and/or siblings; people in their congregations; some in dispute with neighbors; and those with prodigal children! Thank You for opening doors that need opened for all of us to realize the need to die to self so we can live in the way You so desire! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Father, I pray for Doc and others who are going through 'tough' days to realize Your strength in a mighty way today as they minister. I pray for Your presence to be felt in all churches today. May You show up in a way that will knock people off their feet so they realize what You desire of them. Thank You Father for being My Lord of Lords! Amen.



No comments: