Wednesday, March 25, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 43:2, 41:10, 40:31; II Cor 4 - "I Am Not Alone"


God knows I'm struggling. That is why He gave me a song Kari Jobe sings to start my day. These words are words that I needed to let seep into my spirit so the enemy will not have an open door into my life.

When I walk through deep waters
I know that You will be with me
When I'm standing in the fire
I will not be overcome
Through the valley of the shadow
I will not fear

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

Yes! No matter what I am going through, He is with me. No matter how much I feel disconnected from people, He is with me. No matter how hard it is at times to keep on breathing, He is with me. Plain and simple. He is with me. I must never forget that! Loneliness can produce fear. I need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way in these days. As I do, the Holy Spirit will empower me over loneliness. He will empower me to stand upon God's love and to have His wisdom. He will empower me to see through God's eyes. This will enable me to see how I can help others even when I feel alone. When I focus on God instead of myself, I am focusing on eternal life. I was thinking this morning about how it seems like the book of Isaiah is full of encouragement. This song is based on Isaiah 43:2.


Another one from Isaiah that comforts me is Isaiah 41:10...


Isaiah 40:31 was part of my sermon Sunday. It gives me hope in trying days...


Yes! God is so good at loving on me exactly how I need to be loved on. He is so good at knowing what I need to fill my spiritual tank. He is so good with giving me a song and taking me to Scripture that encourages me greatly. Plain and simple. God is so good. I know I can't be the only one who struggles with loneliness. I also know God is there to get us through such times. Paul's words in II Corinthians 4 encourage me to not give up when I struggle. In The Passion Translation it reads:

We are like common clay jars that carry this glorious treasure within, so that the extraordinary overflow of power will be seen as God’s, not ours. Though we experience every kind of pressure, we’re not crushed. At times we don’t know what to do, but quitting is not an option. We are persecuted by others, but God has not forsaken us. We may be knocked down, but not out. 10 We continually share in the death of Jesus in our own bodies so that the resurrection life of Jesus will be revealed through our humanity. 11 We consider living to mean that we are constantly being handed over to death for Jesus’ sake so that the life of Jesus will be revealed through our humanity. 12 So, then, death is at work in us but it releases life in you.
13 We have the same Spirit of faith that is described in the Scriptures when it says,
“First I believed, then I spoke in faith.”
So we also first believe then speak in faith. 14 We do this because we are convinced that he who raised Jesus will raise us up with him, and together we will all be brought into his presence. 15 Yes, all things work for your enrichment so that more of God’s marvelous grace will spread to more and more people, resulting in an even greater increase of praise to God, bringing him even more glory!
16 So no wonder we don’t give up. For even though our outer person gradually wears out, our inner being is renewed every single day. 17 We view our slight, short-lived troubles in the light of eternity. We see our difficulties as the substance that produces for us an eternal, weighty glory far beyond all comparison, 18 because we don’t focus our attention on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but the unseen realm is eternal.
Yes! We can't give up! We must stay focused on the eternal prize of life with Christ. I love the reminder of "First I believed, then I spoke in faith." As I live out this type of life, others will come into relationship with Him. That is my goal. That should be the goal for all believers. Oh how we all need to get better at living out our faith. Matthew Henry wrote of verses thirteen through eighteen of II Corinthians 4...

The grace of faith is an effectual remedy against fainting in times of trouble. They knew that Christ was raised, and that his resurrection was an earnest and assurance of theirs. The hope of this resurrection will encourage in a suffering day, and set us above the fear of death. Also, their sufferings were for the advantage of the church, and to God's glory. The sufferings of Christ's ministers, as well as their preaching and conversation, are for the good of the church and the glory of God. The prospect of eternal life and happiness was their support and comfort. What sense was ready to pronounce heavy and long, grievous and tedious, faith perceived to be light and short, and but for a moment. The weight of all temporal afflictions was lightness itself, while the glory to come was a substance, weighty, and lasting beyond description. If the apostle could call his heavy and long-continued trials light, and but for a moment, what must our trifling difficulties be! Faith enables to make this right judgment of things. There are unseen things, as well as things that are seen. And there is this vast difference between them; unseen things are eternal, seen things but temporal, or temporary only. Let us then look off from the things which are seen; let us cease to seek for worldly advantages, or to fear present distresses. Let us give diligence to make our future happiness sure.

Yes! We must stay focused on eternal life with Him and not allow the enemy any open door during these trying days. We must allow Him to use us in the manner He desires to be the most effective for Him. Today is a new day and I will strive to be more intentional in living as He desires and be creative in how I love on people with His love. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and the Scripture You blessed me with this morning! Thank You for reminding me I Am Not Alone during these trying days! Thank You for the opportunities You put before me yesterday to love on people and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the physical strength You provided for me to get the yard mowed yesterday and for Doc to get the mopping done while I was outside! Thank You for giving him what he needs physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually to get through these trying days! Father, we continue to pray for a healing in his body while one this earth. May it be so. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May You be seen/heard through me today in a more intentional way. I pray for David as he has his first radiation treatment this morning; Kim, Audrey, and Wayne as they are in the hospital. May You be their Healer and their Protector. Thank You for being My Focus! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Fear not, for I am with you, says the Lord.