Saturday, March 28, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91 - "Waymaker"


How in the world can it be Saturday already? Every day I think 'today will be the day I...' get one of my projects accomplished. Yet here it is the end of the week and I have not accomplished one of them. What did I do this week? I took time to listen to different people sing worship music, took Doc for a few car rides, took care of church business, made contact with people, mowed the yard, am on my third book with reading, picked strawberries, along with all the 'normal' stuff with cooking and cleaning. Most importantly we laughed and spent time together. Mordecei sure is enjoying all this time together. Yesterday as I read there are five positive cases for the virus in our zip code I was overwhelmed with a sense of panic for about two seconds. Thankfully God was right here to remind me I do not have to fear. I just need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment. He gives peace. He gives His love to wrap around me in a way that is so encouraging. He gives His wisdom on making decisions. He gives exactly what I need when I need it. I was thinking about how many I've prayed Psalm 91 over yet I haven't prayed it over us for awhile. I've prayed it over Ben as he is out in the food banks, Homer and Darlene as they travel to Ohio, front-line workers, grocery store workers, Melissa and the others at the infusion lab...so many. Today I am praying it over Doc and I along with others who have compromised immune systems.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promises of Your Word! Thank You protecting us throughout this time with the virus! Thank You for people who check on us, send us things in the mail, bring us groceries...the list goes on and on! Thank You for cleansing my spirit this morning so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit! May You be my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts throughout this day in a more intentional way. Father, once again I pray Psalm 91 over not only others but for Doc and I. May Your protection go out over: those with compromised immune systems; Ben as he is in the food banks; those in the front-lines including medical personnel, police/fire, and grocery workers; Melissa and the others at the infusion lab; Homer and Darlene as they travel back to Ohio; my Momma, Mr Fran, and others who have home health workers coming into their homes; Dave and the others on Parris Island; Baby Evan who was born this week and his family; and so many others. Lord, help us to be more like You during these days. Empower us to see with Your eyes and hear with Your ears. Father, I pray today will be 'the' day to get a project done but most of all I pray for Your direction on how this day goes. Thank You Jesus for being My Waymaker! Amen.

No comments: