Monday, March 16, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91 - "The Stand"


Yesterday did not go the way I originally planned but it sure was a blessing. When it rained at the time of set-up, I was blessed with a group of people who took it in stride and didn't get grouchy. We are so blessed by the people God surrounds us with. They are awesome with helping with whatever needs done without thinking twice. From the completion of the ceilings being painted on Saturday to the celebration of Doc's birthday yesterday we were blessed. Oh how I pray for each of them to be blessed in return. I am praying Psalm 91 over all as we start a new day, a new week. My prayer is for people to be living in a manner they will be empowered to live out faith over fear in these trying days. As I said from the pulpit yesterday, now is the perfect time for all believers to be loving with God's love because people are going to get to the end of themselves. Some will get to the point where they won't be able to provide for their families. Some will be distraught they can't 'fix' their present situation. God is the Only Answer. When we have Him in our life, we have the Answer that is needed. Psalm 91 reads in The Message:
1-13 You who sit down in the High God’s presence,
    spend the night in Shaddai’s shadow,
Say this: “God, you’re my refuge.
    I trust in you and I’m safe!”
That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
    shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you—
    under them you’re perfectly safe;
    his arms fend off all harm.
Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
    not flying arrows in the day,
Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
    not disaster that erupts at high noon.
Even though others succumb all around,
    drop like flies right and left,
    no harm will even graze you.
You’ll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
    watch the wicked turn into corpses.
Yes, because God’s your refuge,
    the High God your very own home,
Evil can’t get close to you,
    harm can’t get through the door.
He ordered his angels
    to guard you wherever you go.
If you stumble, they’ll catch you;
    their job is to keep you from falling.
You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
    and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
14-16 “If you’ll hold on to me for dear life,” says God,
    “I’ll get you out of any trouble.
I’ll give you the best of care
    if you’ll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I’ll answer, be at your side in bad times;
    I’ll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I’ll give you a long life,
    give you a long drink of salvation!”
Woo hoo! When we have Him as the center of our lives, we will have the desire to share Him with others. Then, and only then, will they experience the safety and security of His loving arms wrapped around them. Don't we want this type of lives for ourselves and for others? Don't we want to have others experience His peace in times like what we are experiencing? Don't we want others to have eternal life with Him? My answer is 'yes' to all of these questions but I know I need to get better at it. If I don't, I'm not living as Christ desires. Even on days I don't leave my house I still can love with His love. Just as I said yesterday, when we can't have face-to-face visits with people we still can share God's love with them by calling on the phone. Cards, emails, text, etc. are nice but an old fashion phone call is even better. It is more personal and can make a greater impact. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that encourages me greatly! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the people who You have put us with! Thank You for Your safety and security! Thank You for being who You are in my life! Father, I am praying for more believers to live out their faith over the fear that is trying to be put upon us. I pray for more believers to share Your love with all who come into their path. I also pray for protection from this virus over everyone. I know people will get it but I pray those who do will have mild effects from it without death. I pray protection over Doc and others who have a weakened immune system. Thank You for him being able to go for church yesterday! Lord, be with him today as he goes for blood work. I also pray for Your wisdom as I make calls about the denial from the insurance for his test. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit so my focus stays on Your will. May You be my words, thoughts, and actions today as I stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in a more intentional way. Thank You for Emily who home schools and Lizzy who is a teacher and can teach Miss Bella during her time out of school! I pray for all of our family to make decisions based upon You all the time but especially during this time with the virus. Thank You Jesus for being My Answer! Amen.

No comments: