Tuesday, March 3, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 26 - "From The Inside Out"


The Lord took me to Psalm 26 this morning. This Psalm is one David wrote about he desired to live for the Lord. He knew the need for repentance before he could walk in obedience to God. Matthew Henry wrote of this Psalm:

Hypocrites and dissemblers may be found attending on God's ordinances; but it is a good sign of sincerity, if we attend upon them, as the psalmist here tells us he did, in the exercise of repentance and conscientious obedience. He feels his ground firm under him; and, as he delights in blessing the Lord with his congregations on earth, he trusts that shortly he shall join the great assembly in heaven, in singing praises to God and to the Lamb for evermore.

This is why I ask God for a cleansing in my spirit every day. I desire to walk in obedience to His will. Verse two in The Passion Translation reads: Refine my heart and probe my every thought. In The Message this reads: Make sure I’m fit inside and outYes! My prayer is in verse three. I will never lose sight of your love for me. Your faithfulness has steadied my steps. Oh how I pray for this is to be my way of life. As I live in this manner, I will not only live in His presence while on this earth but most importantly with Him for eternity. Woo hoo! David's last statement in this chapter (vs 12) reads in New Living TestamentNow I stand on solid ground, and I will publicly praise the Lord. Yes! Standing in faith, trusting Him, and walking in obedience to His will is exactly where I desire to live. As I do, I know I am living as He desires of me. It takes standing on II Timothy 1:7 to live such a life. Yesterday was a day full of obstacles that tried to tear me down. It was a day many would have went to bed and covered up their head. But God was my strength from the start to the finish. He knew what I needed, when I needed it and He provided. As I started to lose it, He knew I needed to keep my mouth shut and pray for His strength. When I felt like I could not handle one more thing, He knew and provided peace. I am so thankful for the way He loves me through such times. I also am grateful for the way He puts people in my life to think when I can't. He is so, so good. This morning the song From The Inside Out is in my heart...

My heart and my soul, 
I give you control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being with me throughout the day yesterday as one thing after another hit! Thank You for being my strength! Thank You for giving me this Scripture and song to encourage me to 'keep on keepin on'! Thank You for being with Doc yesterday as he went for blood work and then had board meeting! I pray You will give him what he needs physically, mentally, and emotionally to lead the teens tonight. Thank You for Ady being released from the hospital. I pray for Kathy as she has cataract surgery and her son with his appointment. May You be their peace. Thank You Father for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for the opportunities You will give me today to love with Your love. Father, I need Your strength greatly in my physical body. I'm so tired. The emotional aspect of life is starting to cause my body to have issues. Pour Yourself into me in a greater way than ever before. Lord, I pray this morning for the people of Nashville who have suffered a tornado overnight. I pray for families of those who died. I pray we hear soon that Adam, Rachel, and Aiya are safe. I pray for friends we have there and their safety. I pray for those on the Trevecca campus to be safe. Thank You in advance for the way You are going to be with all involved in this tragedy! Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen. 

No comments: