Wednesday, March 11, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Testify"



When I was awake during the night, these words from the song Testify were going through my mind...

Give me your heart, Give me your song
Sing it with all your might
Come to the fountain and you can be satisfied
There is a peace, there is a love
You can get lost inside
Come to the fountain and let me hear you testify

Yes! When we testify of what God is doing in our lives, we will be blessed. As we speak words of life in a world with so much 'death' we will realize what happens on this earth is not the end of our story when we are in relationship with Christ. Yesterday I felt like I could not go. The MS fatigue has decided to settle in for a bit but I will not allow the enemy any open door with this situation. Instead I am working on being more intentional in focusing on God. I posted on facebook that my God was greater than either MS fatigue or chemo fatigue. Two things happened from that post. One was God empowered both Doc and I to not only get through the day but to love on many in the process. Part of His empowerment was having the children and teens last night. He empowered me to drive to see my friends at the Assisted Living Facility and enjoy my time with them. The other thing that happened from that post was I asked others what their God was greater than in their life. From that question not only was I able to pray for many but He also gave me Scripture to share with them. End result was my focus went off of the MS fatigue and onto Him. Woo hoo! I am so blessed. I love how He continues to encourage me to live out a II Timothy 1:7 life. I do not fear such things as MS fatigue, cancer in Doc's pancreas, coronavirus, etc. Instead I stand in the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to love with His love so I can walk a life of obedience to His will. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to draw closer to You! Thank You for the strength You gave yesterday and the strength You will give today! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me! Thank You for the two girls who will soon be baptized! Thank You for Joshua who drove the church van to take the kids home last night! Thank You for giving Doc strength to pick up the kids and lead the teens! Thank You for the way You are going to be with him for the chemo today! Thank You for the many opportunities You gave us both to love on many yesterday with Your love! Father, it's tough dealing with fatigue and I pray You will be greater again today than the effects it has on our bodies. I also pray for those going through procedures today. Baby Finn; the man getting a heart transplant; and Kyle's father. I continue to pray for Sheri's mother-in-law as she goes through tough days. Lord, may You be greater than their physical ailments. I continue to pray for those who need the Lord's comfort from the loss of family. The youth pastor who lost his wife and unborn child in the car accident; ones who lost family members in the tornadoes, especially the family with the little girl; the worship pastor whose teenage son was killed in an ATV accident yesterday; and many others. Lord, my heart breaks for so many but especially those who do not have You as their Hope. Death of a loved one can be difficult yet when we look at the big picture we can be jealous they are with You and we are still left on this earth. Oh Father, comfort those who mourn whether it is from a recent death or one from many years ago. Thank You Father for being My Peace! Amen.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Amen. This touched me.