Thursday, March 12, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Phil 4:12; II Chron 20:15; Pro 3:5-6; Jer 29:11-14 - "When God Made You"


Today is my honey's birthday. I am so grateful for the godly man He is. I'm thankful for all the ways he loves me but I'm especially grateful for the way He loves everyone including our Heavenly Father. I see him love with God's love in so many different ways. Sometimes it is something as simple as a phone call to someone who is hurting. Other times it is in comforting those who mourn; praying over those who hurt rather that be physically, mentally, emotionally, or financially; giving wise counsel to those who have spiritual needs. I know some who are married to a pastor become jealous of the time their spouse/pastor spends with others. I don't see it as something to be jealous of but rather something to be proud of. Maybe I feel this way since I am a pastor myself. There are times our plans are changed due to others needs but I see such times as 'God times' and not a disruption in what I desire. Doc has been with me through many 'tough' times where I couldn't walk or feed myself; loss of eyesight; two lower back surgeries; two cervical surgeries; breast cancer surgery and radiation; loss of my Daddy, brother, and other family memories; my adjustment to living so far from family; and so many other aspects of life. He is my rock second to God. I am so grateful for him and his love. We depend upon God's Word to guide us daily with some favorite verses...

II Timothy 1:7  God empowers us over fear of everything.
Philippians 4:13  We do not have to do anything on our own strength.
II Chronicles 20:15  No battle on this earth is ours but instead is God's.
Proverbs 3:5-6  We must trust God and not try to do anything on our own.

This morning I am concentrating on the words written in Jeremiah 29:11-14. In The New King James Version it reads:
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.
When the people were brought out of exile, God's purpose was revealed to them. He knows what is best for all of us. He has a purpose for all of us and what happens in our life. He never has doubts as we as humans can have. He never is uncertain because His plans are best. The cancer in Doc's pancreas was a surprise to us but not to God. I will never understand why people have to deal with such things but I do know these last ten plus months have brought us closer to God. The things that have happened have taken our faith deeper than ever before. I praise Him for that. I praise Him that He knows our future and we do not have to worry about the 'what ifs' or 'whens' of our situation. All we have to do is trust Him and continue to focus on Him. I am grateful we both live a life surrendered to Him. I am grateful we see things through His eyes. I am grateful He is with us on 'tough' days like yesterday. I am grateful to have people praying for us when we are emotionally drained with little strength to do anything. Plain and simple. I am grateful. Matthew Henry wrote of these verses:

We often do not know our own minds, but the Lord is never at an uncertainty. We are sometimes ready to fear that God's designs are all against us; but as to his own people, even that which seems evil, is for good. He will give them, not the expectations of their fears, or the expectations of their fancies, but the expectations of their faith; the end he has promised, which will be the best for them. When the Lord pours out an especial spirit of prayer, it is a good sign that he is coming toward us in mercy. Promises are given to quicken and encourage prayer. He never said, Seek ye me in vain. 

Praise His Holy Name for the Promises He gives through His Word! 
Praise His Holy Name for the way He works in and through us to fulfill the desires of His heart! 
Praise His Holy Name for the strength He provides as we lean into Him!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessing of my husband! I am so blessed to have the day ahead to celebrate Doc! I pray he is feeling up to going out even if just for a drive to see Your creation. Thank You for being our Strength yesterday and for continuing to be our Strength throughout the days ahead! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with more of Your Holy Spirit. May You be greater than the cancer in his body. May You be greater than the every aspect of this situation. Father, as we celebrate him today there are others who are mourning when this day comes. I continue to pray for Jeremy's family who should be celebrating his birthday today. I also continue to pray for Cindy's family as they see this day as a day of great loss with AJ's death. Father, may all of us have the Hope of eternal life with You. May those of us that have such Hope share it in a way others will desire the same. Lord, You know what is ahead for all of us in this day. May we be Your hands and feet as we share Your love with others. Thank You for the opportunity to share with the ones at the Assisted Living Facility yesterday. May You protect them all from any sickness brought in. I pray for more people to live by faith and not fear during these days. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: