Tuesday, March 24, 2020

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; Jeremiah 29:11-12; Psalm 89:15-18 - "My Life Is In You"


The Lord woke me at 5:30 with an urgency in my spirit to pray for those on the front-line in the medical field. He had me pray for doctors, nurses, x-ray technicians, lab personnel, EMS workers, emergency room personnel, etc. He had me pray for those who were working around the clock and those with families who are not going home for fear of taking the virus home to them. He told me there are some who will not see their families for months due to the virus. He reminded me to pray for those in a picture I saw yesterday of grandparents looking through the window at their new grand baby. He also had me pray for the workers and residents in nursing homes as the residents are not allowed visitors. As of yesterday our hospital is following the same protocol and He had me pray for those patients. He also had me pray for patients in hospitals for protection over the virus. Last night when we heard about our hospital I told Doc I probably won't be allowed with him next week at chemo. He told me he doesn't think he will go even if told to. He said he doesn't think he will go to the hospital for labs nor the oncologist appointment either. These days are ones with tough decisions being made. Thankfully we can pray and seek God's wisdom with such things. We do not have to make any decision on our own. We can stand in II Timothy 1:7 with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit as we stand on Proverbs 3:5-6 in trusting Him to direct us. Woo hoo! As we do, we are also standing on Jeremiah 29:11-12. They read in the Common English Bible:

I know the plans I have in mind for you, declares the Lord; they are plans for peace, not disaster, to give you a future filled with hope. 12 When you call me and come and pray to me, I will listen to you.

Yes! We have His peace as we seek His wisdom. We have hope in Him as we live in His presence. I am reminded of words from Sunday's sermon that I need to adhere to throughout this day and every day ahead. God’s promises to David in Psalm 89:15-18 in The Passion Translation read.

O Lord, how blessed are the people
who experience the shout of worship,
for they walk in the radiance of your presence.
16 We can do nothing but leap for joy all day long,
for we know who you are and what you do,
and you’ve exalted us on high.
17 The glory of your splendor is our strength,
and your marvelous favor makes us even stronger, lifting us even higher!
18 You are our King, the holiest one of all;
your wrap-around presence is our protection.

I need to experience the shout of worship, walk in the radiance of His presence, leap for joy all day long, stand in the glory of His splendor allowing His favor to strengthen me, and allow Him to protect me. Woo hoo! Yes! This is exactly what I need to do. As I do, I will not only hear Him but I will listen to Him. As I do, He will not only hear me but will listen to my prayers. Woo hoo! THIS! Woo hoo! I want others to experience what I am experiencing. My heart breaks for those who are have no hope in their life. God is My Hope. He is My Strength. He is My Peace. He is My Greatest Love. I am praying for more people to realize such a life. I am praying for more people to come into relationship with Him but also for those already in relationship with Him to get to the end of themselves so He will not only be the King of Kings but the Lord of Lords of their life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me at 5:30 to pray for first responders! Thank You for the sacrifice they are making! Thank You for the way You give wisdom to us! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with Your Holy Spirit so You can use me as Your faithful servant! Thank You for Doc being up some yesterday and even taking a walk around the outside of the house! Thank You for continuing to be his strength as we wait on Your healing! Father, I pray for Your wisdom, peace, and strength to be his in a more intentional way today than ever before. I pray the same for many who are struggling through these days. Physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. May more people get to the end of themselves and allow You to be the Lord of Lords over their life. Father, go before me and help me to not feel useless during these days that are so different. Even though I did get things accomplished and contacted many yesterday I still felt at the end of the day that I was not productive. I think I set my mind on too big of goals for each day and when they aren't met I am disappointed. I pray You will keep my focus on what You desire of me and be content with what You accomplish through me. Woo hoo! I am in Your hands to be Your hands and feet. May You work mightily through me in the day ahead. Thank You for being My Life! Amen.

No comments: