Wednesday, March 4, 2020

II Timothy 1:7 - "Stronger"


God woke me with a song Mandisa sings called Stronger. He knew I needed the encouragement this song gives.

When the waves are taking you under 
Hold on just a little bit longer 
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger 
The pain ain't gonna last forever 
And things can only get better 
Believe me, this is gonna make you stronger 
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger 
Believe me, this is gonna make you ... 

Try and do the best you can 
Hold on and let Him hold your hand 
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus 
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end 
God's right there 
Even when you just can't feel Him 
I promise you that He still cares 


Some days are just harder than  others. Some seasons seem like they will never end. I know God is with me and for that I am grateful. I know He will never leave me and for that I am grateful. I know He loves me and for that I am grateful. Plain and simple. I know and I am grateful. It is just days like yesterday with a headache that no medicine will touch that I feel like I can't continue on. I was thankful when the children/teens left last night I was able to go to bed. I also am thankful for the reminder from this song...

'Cause if He started this work in your life 
He will be faithful to complete it 
If only you believe it 
He knows how much it hurts 
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this 


Yes! I know what I need to do to get through these 'tough' days. I need to keep my focus on Him and not allow the enemy any open door into my life. I must stand in the empowerment of II Timothy 1:7 so the Holy Spirit can work in and through me in a mighty way. Did He use me to love with His love yesterday? Yes. Will He use me to do the same today? Yes. But I must hold up my end of the bargain. I must walk in obedience to His will so I can not only hear His voice but do as He desires. I must stay focused on Him no matter what. I cannot allow a headache take my focus off of Him. He will remove it in His time. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of this song and Scripture this morning! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit! Thank You for empowering me to stand in Your love no matter what the circumstances of life bring! Thank You for keeping my focus on You so I can love with Your love all I meet! Father, I pray You will not allow this headache to be a distraction. Thank You for not only getting me through yesterday with it but blessing me in abundance! Lord, before my feet hit the floor this morning I asked You to take the headache away but I realize You will in Your time. Whatever the reason for it, may You be glorified. I also prayed for Doc's oncologist appointment to go well. I don't know what 'go well' means but You do. May it be so. I also pray for Steve with his emergency dental surgery this morning and those who lost people and/or property in the tornadoes in Nashville. Thank You for Adam, Rachel, and Aiya not having damage. I can't imagine what the youth pastor and his family went through in not knowing where their toddler was or if she were even alive. May You be their peace and strength in the days ahead. Lord, go before me today and shine brightly through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. May You be seen/heard through me. Thank You Father for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: