Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Peter 1:3-9 - "Even If"


The Lord woke me this morning thinking of ones who are going through some tough days. He had me pray for the ones who are not in relationship with Him to have someone who will be obedient to His voice and love on them with His love. He also had me pray for those in relationship with Him to go deeper and not give up. He is the Hope we all can have in this fallen world. Sin is the reason we have to deal with 'junk.' Praise God for the hope in eternal life when we live in relationship with Him.

I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

These words from "Even If" are ones believers can hold onto. A believer knows God can do anything but it has to be in His will. He will test us to enable us to draw deeper in relationship with Him. He will challenge us to see if we are willing to continue on without giving up. His desire is to see His strength be glorified through all we say and do. The song continues...

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Good thing
A little faith is all I have right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul

My God is in the mountain moving business. He has moved huge mountains in our lives many times. His strength is what gets me through every day. It gets me through the days when His will is to not move the mountains. Today I am praying for many who are facing some mountains that seem too high to climb... 
  • my friend Nada who was diagnosed with breast cancer
  • my friend Carletta who had another foot surgery and another injection in her knee
  • friends going through family issues
  • parents of prodigals
  • friends who are following God's will yet ministry opportunities have not arisen
  • some going through tough financial times
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your supernatural strength that will not only get me through this day but also will enable me to stay focused on You. I pray for safety in traveling over the next couple of days. I pray for clarity in my thinking not only as I travel but also as I take in so much information. Lord, most of all I am praying for those who have no hope to find You. I pray You will move mountains that need moved yet leave the ones that will enable people to draw closer to You. Father, cleanse me so You can use me to Your fullest desires. Thank You for being My Mountain Mover and My Hope. Amen.

No comments: