Thursday, April 5, 2018

Psalm 91 - "Your Love Defends Me"


 

Every time I was awake throughout the night the words to a song Matt Maher sings were going through my mind...

Your love defends me, Your love defends me

We sing Hallelujah
You're my portion
My salvation
Hallelujah

Yes! He is "my portion...My Salvation..." He is all I need. He is the Light when times are dark. His strength is my strength. His wisdom is my wisdom. His love is my love. The only way for this to be is for me to walk in obedience to His will. I must continue to not only hear His voice but to do as He desires. There are so many believers who have not got to this point in their relationship. They are content with salvation and have no desire to be sanctified. I struggle with why any believer would not desire to take the step into living a holy life. Some blatantly turn away from it when it is presented to them. Some are blinded by the enemy to such a life. There is such joy in knowing you are living in the way your Heavenly Father desires. There is hope in knowing He is there at all times. The song begins with these words...

You are my joy, You are my song
You are the well, the One I'm drawing from
You are my refuge, my whole life long
Where else would I go?

I love what Matt Maher says about this song...

To put it simply – evil is in the business of accusation but God is in the business of raising up testimony – of who He is and what He’s done. This song talks about how God is a defender. How the love of God is not just a defense, but it’s really the only defense we have that can stand against the inconsistency of ourselves. God is your defense and what He says about you is what matters. That’s what stays.” – Matt Maher

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song that was with me throughout the night. Thank You for the reminder that You love me and are always with me. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I need my physical tank filled so my emotional and mental tanks will work for Your glory. I pray for the Nussbaum Family with the loss of dear Wanda. May You be their strength in these tough days. I pray for a physical strength for Doc as he works today. I also pray for believers who have not taken the step of living a sanctified life to have their hearts open to such a life. Thank You Jesus for being My Defender. Amen.


No comments: