Thursday, April 26, 2018

Psalm 51 - "My Victory"



I woke up with these words going through my mind...

Oh, Your love bled for me
Oh, Your blood in crimson streams
Oh, Your death is hell's defeat
A cross meant to kill is my victory

I asked God where to go for my Bible reading and He took me to Psalm 51. How appropriate with the song He gave me! David is crying out in prayer for God's love, mercy and grace in this Psalm. He pleads with Him to forgive him of the sins he committed against the Father. He realizes God knows all and sees all. Therefore, God knows what he has done. He not only prays for God to forgive him but he also prays for God to empower him to lead others down the path of righteousness. This Psalm is one we all need to cry out to God with. We need His love, mercy, and grace to cleanse us of our sins. There is a part in The Message of this chapter that reads:

God, make a fresh start in me,
    shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
    or fail to breathe holiness in me.


Yes! What a wonderful picture these words give. David is asking God to give him a new start, "a Genesis..." He also is asking Him to "breathe holiness..." in him. Wow! No one has to stay in the pits of hell. Everyone has the opportunity to be renewed in their spirit. All it takes is crying out to God. The lyrics to "The Victory" continue...

Behold the Lamb of God
Who takes away our sin, who takes away our sin
The holy Lamb of God
Makes us alive again
Makes us alive again

He is ready to make all "alive again" at any time. He is ready and desires all to be ready to accept His salvation. He also is ready for all to accept His sanctification. A person who turns everything back to Him is one who is sold-out to Him. Their life is one of sacrifice. His will and ways are what they live out. When they do, they will worship Him in a new way. In The Message verses sixteen and seventeen read:

Going through the motions doesn’t please you,
    a flawless performance is nothing to you.
I learned God-worship
    when my pride was shattered.
Heart-shattered lives ready for love
    don’t for a moment escape God’s notice.


He desires our authentic worship. It can only happen when we are walking in obedience to His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for the way You give strength and peace in difficult days. Thank You for being so very real. I praise You for working through the doctor yesterday with Doc's surgery. I praise You for working through the medicine that is healing my Momma. I praise You for the ten hours of sleep last night. There are so many things to praise You for but most of all I praise You for Your sanctifying power that enables me to walk the road of obedience. Lord, continue to cleanse me so You can fill me. I pray for the continuation of the empowerment of the Holy Spirit in my life. Woo hoo! You are so awesome in the way You encourage me! Thank You seems inadequate words for the way I feel. Thank You Jesus for being My Cleanser and Filler! Amen.


No comments: