Thursday, April 12, 2018

Romans 6 - "Masterpiece"

When I was awake during the night, I prayed for Merriel and her family. I prayed for strength for her daughters as they watch their mother in her last days on this earth. I thought about how her and Bob made me feel special as I was growing up. The flowers sent to me on my 'sweet sixteen' birthday were the first ones I had ever had delivered from a florist. The words of encouragement through my fall away from the Lord, my MS, and my breast cancer diagnosis were always appreciated from them. I remember going to Michigan when Bob left this earth to give support to the family and feeling like a piece of me was gone. I wish I could be with them at this time but I know that is not physically possible. I do know I can support them through my prayers. I am grateful in knowing when a loved one dies and has been in relationship with God they will be with Him for eternity. I also am grateful the Lord woke me up and accepted me back into His arms many years ago. This morning when I woke up the song "Masterpiece" was going through my mind. These words bring tears to my eyes...

You're taking me all apart
Like it was your plan from the start
To finish your work of art, for all to see
You're making a masterpiece
You're making a masterpiece


He is making a "masterpiece" in me. I am His "work of art" that He chisels away on to take away the 'bad' so the 'good' can be realized. We are all works of art and we all have the choice to make on whether we will allow Him to chisel away at us. We do not have to be a slave to sin but rather can be a slave to righteousness. Mr. Fran brought out Romans 6 last night in Bible study. We have the choice to stay in sin or live a life of obedience. Verse sixteen of this chapter reads, "Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?" Paul continues that we must "...become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness." YES! Obedience to God is key to eternal life. If we do not chose to walk with Him on this earth, we will not walk with Him for eternity. Are the ways of the world worth going to hell over? Is it really worth selling your soul to the devil just to do as you please while on this earth? Does it make sense to turn from God while on this earth which means you will not be with Him for eternity? Absolutely not! Paul tells us in verse nineteen that we are to be "slaves of righteousness" and not "slaves to impurity and lawlessness." Death comes from sin. Life comes from righteousness. Verse twenty-two reads, "But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life." YES! This is what I desire. The freedom of living a life of obedience is awesome. The fruit that is seen from such a life is overwhelming at times. God desires for all to walk the road of obedience and blesses daily all that chose this road. Verse twenty-three is one I learned as a child and one that is rich in meaning for all who walk this earth...


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for our Bible study last night. Thank You for Marlene being with us for a visit. Thank You for the beautiful sunshine yesterday but most importantly thank You for You being my Sonshine. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for Your words, actions, and attitude to be mine throughout this day. I pray a blessing upon Doc as he works his 'long' day today. I also pray for Merriel's girls as they go through these tough days. May Your strength flow through them. Lord, You are so awesome in the way You call us into a life of obedience and bless us  in our walk. May we bless You in all we do and say today. Thank You Jesus for being My Creator. Amen.

No comments: