Monday, April 23, 2018

Matthew 6:9-13 - "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again"


Yesterday was a very emotional day but the Lord gave me peace throughout. There was no doubt He was in the midst of all that happened. He provided people in Ohio to be there when I couldn't in a difficult situation. I am so grateful for friends who after one text or call go into action. That is what we need to all do when the Lord presents such circumstances before us. If we truly want to be the 'hands and feet of Jesus,' then we need to be ready at all times to do what is put before us. This is where I desire to live. Doing His will and loving on people with His love. 

When I woke in the wee hours of this morning, I had the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" going through my mind. I read the lyrics over and over. I read the story behind the song a couple times. It seems like this song is controversial in having Biblical meaning. There are different thoughts about it but one thing I drew from the writing is that Jesus does not want us to live in our past but instead wants us to be healed from it. I have often said that our past is just that. We can't change it. As I thought about it, I marvel in how the Lord uses people despite their past. If He held my past against me, I wouldn't have the opportunities to share His love as I do. If He doesn't hold it against me, then I shouldn't either. We all need to do as He does and forget the past. We also cannot be effective in sharing His love when we have issues between us and another. Such things separate us from God. As I pray for many who are going through difficult times in their relationships it breaks my heart. Not only are they miserable in the way they are living but they also are not in right relationship with our Heavenly Father. A sad part about their situations is they don't even see the big picture. They may blame the other person or claim they have no fault in the situation but when one is at odds with another they also are at odds with God. I continue to pray for eyes to be opened and hearts to be healed in many relationships. Maybe that is why this song was in my mind this morning. People need to get to the end of themselves and allow God to not only heal their hearts but most importantly heal their relationships. I think of the way the Lord tells us to pray in Matthew 6. It tells us to forgive others. If we do not forgive one another, we cannot expect God to forgive us. I have often heard people say they cannot forgive someone who has not asked for forgiveness. It is a hard thing to do but not impossible. If people would just stop and realize when they do not forgive someone Jesus cannot forgive them, maybe they would look at their situation differently. Many who are at odds with someone else refuse to take any blame in conflict. It takes two people to make a conflict. Therefore, everyone needs to accept blame. In the sense of this song, an emotional heart cannot beat again when conflict continues. There will be consequences to conflict. Other aspects of life will be affected. Other relationships will suffer but most importantly there will be something between them and God.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You provided so many things yesterday. Thank You for many who prayed for the situation with my Momma. Thank You for my friend Kim who was there with her. Thank You for giving her peace last night after I prayed with her. Lord, continue to be with her during these tough days. I also ask for you to continue to be with Doc during his tough days. Father, there are so many people who are struggling with different aspects of life. I pray for those in conflict with another. I pray for resolve in their situations so there no longer is a separation between You and them. I pray for Your wisdom as I continue with school this week. Most of all I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout these days. Thank You Jesus for being My Fulfiller. Amen.

No comments: