Friday, April 27, 2018

Psalm 51:10-12 - "Come To The Table"

Once again this morning the words to "Come To The Table" are on my mind...

He said come to the table
Come join the sinners who have been redeemed
Take your place beside the Savior
Sit down and be set free
Come to the table

The Lord also has me back in reading Psalm 51. He stopped me at verse ten...




God wants to do this in all, not just some. The desire of His heart is for all to not only come to Him for salvation but to take the next step to entire sanctification. Many people stop at salvation and never realize the joy of living a life totally committed to Him. Some have not been taught while others just refuse. Some are selfish in wanting to hold onto 'stuff' that is 'important' to them. They have not come to the end of themselves. It is those people who think they can handle life on their own. If only they would realize their life, and every aspect of it, is in God's hands. David continued after verse ten with these words:

Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


David prayed for "a willing spirit" which is what it takes to be sanctified wholly unto the Lord. One must be willing to do whatever He asks, go wherever He sends, speak with whatever He gives them...everything the Lord gives them when they are sanctified. It really is not hard to do because just as David prayed, when one prays for a willing spirit, God provides. The desire of my heart is to live in His will. That means walking a road of obedience. I think back on my teen years where I would rebel against what my parents told me to do or not do. Sometimes I struggled with walking down the path they desired. I am grateful that spirit of rebellion was removed from me. This morning I am praying for more people to get to the end of themselves and allow the Lord to have control of their lives.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly that You not only save me but You sanctify me. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me so people will see/hear You instead of me. Lord, be greater! Thank You for the way Doc's pain has been minimal. Thank You for being with us during these days that are different. Thank You for healing my Momma and giving her strength. Thank You for Marlene's surgery being successful. I pray for Your strength to be her strength as she deals with intense pain. Thank You Jesus for being My Sanctifier. Amen.

No comments: