Sunday, April 22, 2018

Romans 8:5-6 - "Come To The Table"


Last night before going to sleep I prayed for pastors who would be in the pulpit this morning. I prayed for them to be aware of the Holy Spirit's leading as they preached. I also prayed for people who have not been in church to go even if they go to a different church than they use to attend. One time when the Lord woke me He had me pray for all pastors including children pastors, youth pastors, evangelists, and worship leaders to be aware of the Holy Spirit's leading. As I prepared to go back to sleep I thought there must be some big things going to happen today in services. The next time He woke me He had me pray for someone who will be called into ministry in a service today. He told me to pray specifically for them to embrace the call and not turn from it. The next time He woke me to pray it was for pastors going through difficult days. One has a wife with dementia; another lost his daughter and wife in a car accident this week; a pastor team couple who are seeking His will in their ministry; a pastor preparing for retirement and another who recently retired; a pastor who has left the pulpit due to addiction; a pastor who needs to be aware of how they have strayed from seeking God's will and instead are doing their own thing. It was a full night of praying with little sleep. When I awoke this morning, I prayed for His strength to empower me for the day ahead. I prayed the same for Doc who had a tough night physically. I also prayed for people who are contemplating going to church to do so. Everyone needs to be in a relationship where they can not only hear God's voice but walk in obedience to it. All need to be aware of the promptings of the Holy Spirit and follow those promptings. This morning the Lord has "Come To The Table" going through my mind. These words are an encouragement for all to come into relationship with Him. 

Come to the table
Come join the sinners who have been redeemed
Take your place beside the Savior
Sit down and be set free
Come to the table

His table is open to everyone. Once a person partakes of Him they will receive freedom not available from anywhere else. I am praying for those who have partook yet have walked away to come back to Him; those who have never partook to find Him; and those who are a part of Him to share His love with all they meet.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another Saturday night of prayer. Thank You for loving on me and encouraging me so greatly. Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace that enables me to be Your servant. Thank You for the day ahead and Your supernatural strength that will empower me throughout the day to not only function but to not miss any opportunity You put before me. Lord, cleanse me and fill me so I can have Your words, actions, and attitude. Once again, I pray for pastors to be tuned into the leading of the Holy Spirit. Thank You for being My Table. Amen.

No comments: