Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Psalm 50:14-15 - "Oceans, Where Feet May Fall"


This morning the Lord took me to Psalm 50. I read it through and re-read it. He stopped me at verses fourteen and fifteen. These verses speak volumes to me this morning. They tell me that as I am faithful in my walk with Him, He will be faithful in never leaving me. He will be with me "in the day of trouble" and will enable me to get through such days. Matthew Henry writes:

We must acknowledge him in all our ways, depend upon his wisdom, power, and goodness, and refer ourselves wholly to him, and so give him glory. Thus must we keep up communion with God; meeting him with prayers under trials, and with praises in deliverances. A believing supplicant shall not only be graciously answered as to his petition, and so have cause for praising God, but shall also have grace to praise him.

We do not understand why things keep coming at us but we do know Who does. 
We cannot comprehend how things will be handled but we do know Who does.
It is hard to realize how things will play out but there is comfort in knowing God is in control and He will not fail us. We are praying for wisdom and praising God for insurance. We are relying upon His strength physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. We are grateful for the way He encourages us and gives peace in the midst of yet another storm. I like this statement by Matthew Henry:

We must praise God, sacrifice praise, put it into the hands of the Priest, our Lord Jesus, who is also the altar: we must be fervent in spirit, praising the Lord. Let us thankfully accept God's mercy, and endeavour to glorify him in word and deed.

Praise is the key to anything that comes our way. This statement says to give our praises to God. It is cool to think of Him as "the altar"! I like that!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouraging words of Psalm 50. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of praising You even in the midst of the storms of life. Thank You for doctors, hospitals, insurance companies, etc. Thank You for the wisdom You are going to provide as to what we are to do with the news of Doc having surgery. Lord, You are so awesome in always being with us and for that I am most grateful. Father, this morning I ask for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be filled with Your Holy Spirit in a more in-depth way. I pray for those who are going through tough times with deaths in families, those awaiting test results, those affected by the storms last night, those dealing with disease...so many people who need Your peace. Lord, be with Doc as he works today and then has Bible study tonight. Strengthen him physically, mentally, emotionally and most of all spiritually. Thank You for being My Altar. Amen.

No comments: