Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Joshua 3:5; Romans 12 - "Point To You"/"I Need A Miracle"



God woke me up with two songs going through my mind but both had a common theme of needing a miracle. I started thinking about so many I know who are in a place of needing a miracle. Some need a healing in their physical body while others need an emotional, financial, or mental healing. The ones that break my heart are those who need a spiritual healing. This morning I am praying for...

  • a widower recently diagnosed with cancer
  • a couple in a high-risk pregnancy
  • two families in turmoil
  • a little guy with leukemia; another one with immune deficiency
  • a husband/father recuperating from extensive surgery
  • a man who continues to struggle with the death of parents and grandparents
  • a couple who think they are 'ok' by the works they do when they are not in a relationship with the Lord
  • my Momma who is supposed to have surgery Thursday but has a cold that may postpone it
  • a friend going on an overseas trip next month yet suffering from great pain
  • a man who has walked away from the Lord
  • a widow and a widower who are so tired of the aches and pains on this earth and ready to go to be with their Heavenly Father
  • a group of young men and women leaving this morning for boot camp
Miracles come in many forms. I have personally experienced physical healings multiple times. I also have experienced financial miracles when there was no explanation as to where the money came from to pay bills. I have experienced emotional healing with overcoming sexually abuse as a child and going through a divorce. The greatest miracle ever was in a spiritual healing when God offered me the door to walk through to live a life of holiness. Before that could occur I first had to walk through the door of salvation. When I came back from falling away from the Lord, He gave me a new life. These words are so, so true...

I need a miracle
Some healing for my heart
I need a revelation
A brand new start
I want simplicity
Where I can rest
But I need a miracle to put my past to death

The past is just that...

Well no matter who you are and no matter what you've done
There will come a time when you can't make it on your own
And in your hour of desperation
Know you're not the only one
Prayin', "Lord above, I need a miracle
I need a miracle"

There is nothing we can do to change the past. But we can change how we live today and the days ahead. We do not have to live a life of worry and regrets. Instead we can live a life of expectancy and joy. When I wake up in the mornings, I wonder where the Lord will take me and what opportunities He will put in my path. I expect Him to do supernatural things in and through me. As I walk in obedience, He provides opportunities for me to share His love. Joshua 3:5 reads, "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." Woo hoo! This verse excites me! My part is to consecrate myself. When I give myself wholly to Him, willing to do whatever He calls me to do, be clean from sin, be in relationship to where I not only hear His voice but walk in obedience to it...then I am consecrated. His part is to empower me with His supernatural power to work in and through me. 

The only way to live such a life is to be a living sacrifice. Romans 12 gives clear direction on how one can be a living sacrifice. First we must not be conformed by the world but instead be transformed by God into what He desires us to be (vs. 2). Secondly, we are to use the gifts God has given us (vs. 3-8). Thirdly, we must love with His love (vs. 9-21). This includes loving one another as He loves us and being on fire as we serve Him. Verse twelve tells us, "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." I have this hanging in my dining room as a daily reminder. We are to share with one another and be hospitable (vs. 13). I have fond memories of my parents opening our home up for Sunday lunch. Sometimes my Momma wouldn't even know who my Daddy was going to invite but there was always enough food with great fellowship. Verse fourteen can be a tough one and hard to understand but when you live a life of holiness there is no need to know everything, you just do. It reads, "Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse." When I was growing up, it seemed like we went to calling hours for people we barely knew. Now I understand my parents were living out verse fifteen that says we are to "mourn with those who mourn." The final verses of Romans 12 are ones that many have a hard time fulfilling. "Live in harmony with one another" (vs 16) is hard on the human level to accomplish. It takes allowing God to heal hurts and see people through His eyes to make this happen. It is not up to us to judge others. God is the only One to judge. When we allow others to make us sin through our attitude and/or actions, we are not walking in obedience to Him. 

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You direct my morning time with You. Thank You for the songs and scripture You give me. Father, I desire to be consecrated before You. Cleanse me so You can fill me. Be my words, actions, and attitude today in a mighty way. Father, I need Your physical strength as there was little sleep with lots of pain last night. When I asked You if there was someone You wanted me to pray for, You answered 'no.' I just don't understand these nights of being awake and not having specific prayer requests from You. But I am Your faithful servant. You know what is going on and I do not have to. Father, this morning I am praying for ones who have lost loved ones over the last couple of days along with those who continue to mourn the loss of loved ones. I also am praying for safety for
many who are traveling today. I pray for a blessing over our time with children and teens tonight. Father, I also ask for Your supernatural strength for Doc at work as he also had a tough night. Lord, continue to open our eyes to what You desire of us. Thank You Jesus for being Our Consecrator. Amen.


No comments: