Wednesday, April 18, 2018

John 14:27 - "Fear Is A Liar"


The Lord woke me again with "Fear Is A Liar" in my mind. He had me pray for ones in difficult situations. He told me they need to get to the point of trusting Him even more than they already do. These words are ones we all need to say/sing from time to time...

Let Your fire fall and cast out all my fears
Let Your fire fall Your love is all I feel

There are many who know who He is yet they are not in relationship with Him. They may not understand how it feels to have His "fire fall" on them. They may not know what it means to trust Him so much no matter what is happening that they receive His peace. I remember seeing this saying on a church sign:
No God = No peace
Know God = Know peace
There is so much truth in this saying. When we are in relationship with God, we will realize His strength in a different way than someone who is not in relationship with Him. He empowers His people to stand up in difficult times. He gives His strength when there does not seem to be any left. This morning I am praying for...
  • a woman who has been in ICU but fighting her way back
  • a single father who is dealing with his son having visits with his mother
  • my husband as he awaits surgery
  • a young wife/mother who has been going through multiple health issues with multiple doctors yet no diagnosis has yet to be found
  • a young widow who continues life without her dear husband
  • a woman recuperating from another foot surgery
  • a wife whose husband decided he is a woman
  • an older woman recently diagnosed with cancer
  • a family who continue to fight against their your son's leukemia
  • a man who is in a place where the continuation of his job is questionable
  • a young mother who is seeking people to fill her needs instead of God
  • a woman in pain who has a doctor appointment today
  • a woman going for her cancer check-up
Some of these people have been in their battle a long time while others are new to their struggles. Some of them are in relationship with God while others know Him but are not committed to Him. This morning as I prayed, I prayed for a deeper walk with Him so His peace could fall down upon them in a mighty way. The enemy is putting fear into people to pull them away from God. His desire is for people to depend upon their own strength or other people instead of God. The enemy tells lies to get what He wants. The Lord loves on people to get what He wants. The enemy wants people to be happy on their own or in the ways of the world. God doesn't necessarily want us happy but He does want us holy. God wants us to be content in Him. His desire is for us to be joyful as we bask in His peace. I am so thankful for the peace I had as I sat in the oncologist office yesterday and the joy I received with a good check-up.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song once again this morning. Father, I wouldn't call it fear but I am dreading the trip to Ministry Assessment. I am praying for Your protection and strength as I make the drive. I also ask for Your favor in putting people around me while I am there that will encourage me. I pray for those who will be going for their first time to feel accepted and loved. I remember the apprehension I had last year with knowing few people. Lord, today is a day of study and preparation for tomorrow. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for people to see/hear You instead of me today. I pray the same for my husband as he works. Lord, may more people come into relationship with You to the point of trusting You with their entire being. Thank You Jesus for being My Fear Taker. Amen.

No comments: