Saturday, April 28, 2018

I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - "When We Pray"


I saw this saying yesterday and it made me smile. "Pray so big and so often that when God meets you at Heaven's gate, He says with a smile, 'Kid, you kept me very busy.'" I thought, 'Yes! This is exactly what I desire!' I do pray often. I like what Paul says in I Thessalonians 5:16-18. He tells us to rejoice, pray continually, and be thankful. These three things are so easy to do when walking a road of obedience. I am so blessed to be joyful even in the midst of trials because of His strength. Prayer is my communication with God throughout every day He gives me on this earth. I am forever grateful to Him for being with me on 'good' and 'bad' days. The Lord woke me up with these words going through my mind this morning...

All the world starts changing
When the church starts praying
Strongholds start to break
Oh, when we pray
Prison walls start shaking
At the sound of praising
Nothing stays the same
Oh, when we pray
Oh, when we pray, oh

What would happen if everyone followed Paul's words? What would our world look like? God would be so excited! I know there are people who say prayer doesn't work but I know otherwise. I also know prayer is not to benefit God but it is to benefit people. As we pray and we see results, our faith is strengthened. It is also strengthened as God makes us wait on answers. Another way it is strengthened is when we pray, He answers in a different way than expected but then we see in the end His answer was perfect. This week answers to prayers were realized in many ways. Doc had minimal surgery pain; the doctor told my Momma she is getting stronger; He gave me physical strength through some tough days; there was no cancer found in Nada's lymph nodes. He also answered some prayers in ways I did not ask for nor really desire. The phone call saying there would be no pay while Doc is off from Sherwin Williams was not what we wanted to hear yet I look forward to seeing how God will be glorified through it. 

The deepest prayers I send up are for the spiritual needs of people. I do not want to see anyone go to hell. I pray for people to come to the end of themselves not only for salvation but for sanctification. I pray for rejoicing in heaven and on this earth to occur as people come into relationship with Him. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the answers to prayers this week. I praise You for the ones I expected and the ones I didn't expect. I praise You for listening to me throughout the day and sometimes the night with petitions and praises. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can work in and through me in a new, different way today. I pray for people who need your touch so greatly in their lives. I pray for pastors who are tweaking their sermons today. May they listen to You. I pray for people who will be going to church tomorrow to have openness in their spirits to what You desire for them to receive. I pray for people who have no plans to go to church to have someone say something or something happen to change their minds. Lord, go before me today and be my words, actions, and attitude. Ooze out of me in a way people will know You are who I live for. Thank You Jesus for being My Answer to Prayer. Amen.


No comments: